Home

Revan's Jedi Lightsaber

Master Kavar

Once again I come forward with a simple request (or challenge, depending) for a new lightsaber hilt, something that this board is surprisingly good and consistent at.

What I want is simple; Revan's Jedi Lightsaber, as illustrated in an official KOTOR publication.

The picture doesn't really show the saber up close, but it was really inspiring and the design looked great. From what I can tell, the hilt is very similar to Master Windu's Lightsaber, but the top uses the same "spikey" design as short sabers. Ideally it would be nice to have one in every color, but realistically just blue would do fine.

Yes the hilt is very similar to Malak's hilt from the game. What I basically did (with the help of LiquidZoo, mjpb3 and Jackel) was create a new custom lightsaber using Malak's hilt and whatever colour crystal I wanted. Since I only play single saber Jedi Guardian and equip Mantle of the Force. I made 2 custom sabers from those hilts and two new crystals (blue/MF) as well. Then I just replaced the existing coding for when Dorak gives you the blue crystal and when you buy the Mantle of the Force to the new coding of the new custom crystals.

The key thing to remember is that malak's saber is not upgradeable and hence cannot equip regular lightsaber crystals. I did not put this on pcgamemods but I'll do it if this is the kind of saber you want.

If your interested I can give you my existing files (if you want to do it yourself) or make a few sabres with the colours you want. Just let me know.

Lastly pcgamemods has a red version of this saber i think.

I can't believe I missed that ._. The request is almost exactly the same as my own.

Malak's hilt is close to Revan's, but his has more of that regular tube appearance while Revan's has that black grip design like Anakin's. But that said, I wouldn't mind giving your version a try GrayJedi. I've just never modded a lightsaber before.

Malak's hilt is close to Revan's, but his has more of that regular tube appearance while Revan's has that black grip design like Anakin's. But that said, I wouldn't mind giving your version a try GrayJedi. I've just never modded a lightsaber before.

Actually it is all in the texture, being the basic hilt shape is the same, you only need to texture the handle part correctly, sadly the Malak hilt uses the same skin as the short sabers do and it displays on the longer saber somewhat oddly.

Perhaps someone can re-map the Malak hilt model to something more coherent that might help a mod like this along. ;)

You can make it upgradable, though. It just requires setting some upgrade stats in KT and adding it to your upcrystals.2da

Yes you are right of course. i forget to mention this. I just copied and pasted the properties stats for the regular lightsaber into the new one. So it becomes upgradeable like a normal saber.

Archived