Home

FYI on Forum Upgrade on the way...

Guest Aristotle

Guest Aristotle

I just wanted to post a real quick FYI about the forum upgrade status. A while back I informed these forums that we were going to upgrade the versions... and we ARE going to upgrade these forums... but not with UBB ... rather with a new version of VBulletin. Check our http://www.galacticbattles.com if you want to get a look at what your new forum system will look like.

It made no sense to upgrade the UBB version when we're just about to give you guys the much more powerful VBulletin forums.

We should have those forums for you in less than 2 weeks.

We're upgrading both RS.Net and XWA.Net with the new systems.

Guest Aristotle

BTW ... I should follow-up and mention that everything other than all the additional options ... i.e. avatars, private messages, etc..etc.. will stay the same... i.e the colors, your rankings, etc, and even all the posts will be imported into the new VBulletin... so don't worry about starting over.

If it screws up my post count, acct, or any part of my profile, i will be angery.

You don't want to mess with an angrey cracken.

------------------

This post has been proven more fun

than nailing a weasle to your forehead!

Because the weasle might care.

OFFICIAL ANIME AMBASSADOR OF XWA.NET!™

Official Diablo II Guru!

Oh, brilliant. Just brilliant. It's just my opinion, but I just don't see what's wrong with the way the forums are now. I don't care for all the fancy 'features' of the newer versions, which seem entirely superficial. I personally believe that this version should be kept, at least until it becomes too difficult to manage.

I have been a relatively active member of 2 net communities before this one, and sadly both are now gone. Why you ask? Forum upgrades. One day, the forums were upgraded, and almost the entire community vanished without a trace. The forums are still there, but I don't think anyone has posted on either in over a year.

I am a firm believer that things such as this shouldn't be changed without good reason. (And no, I don't count little pictures under your name as a good reason). I know this isn't the general opinion, and I know I'm probably going to get at least some mild flames for this, but I feel it needs to be said.

Yes, I have seen the new VBulletin, and I don't like it much. This may not be as big a change as I've come to believe, but if this upgrade turns out the way I think it will, don't expect me to stick around long.

One day, the forums were upgraded, and almost the entire community vanished without a trace. The forums are still there, but I don't think anyone has posted on either in over a year.

I'm sure that's a slight exaggeration. Why would everyone leave just because the forums are having a bit of a facelift. I'm certainly not going anywhere.

[This message has been edited by MadPilot (edited August 07, 2001).]

Guest Zoom Rabbit

They did an upgrade at Swordforum.com recently. It turned out pretty well...but then again, their older boards sucked.

I must find an avatar of a samurai rabbit. Now how do I do that...? confused.gif

Archived