Home

IG Insta Server Review

:bigemt

This is an instagib server that changes a bunch of settings and uses some mod (like the newbs they are) to take almost all the thinking out of the game.

When I first saw this server, the first thing that came to mind was "why are they ripping off the german clan id?" I mean the tags are almost exactly the same. Weird. Anyways, I had never played instagib so I played awhile and started goofing around. They started going on and on about how the top skill level in insta was just as high as in basejk ctf. Basically these guys use a bunch of semi-hacks (bright skin mods) and nuts so they can see you from very far away, giving themselves an advantage. One of them said "omg unlagged is off". The name of the mod is unlagged, it must be some beneficial setting that a player who doesn't play that newbie mod wouldn't know. Any meaningful jk2 skill other than pure twitch is rendered useless in this gametype. If you strafe jump properly you are actually at a disadvantage over guys who do small force jumps and other retarded nuts that takes no skill. The only thing that truly makes JK2 a unique game is the blend of force powers with the diversity of the guns. The Sniper is hands down the easiest weapon to use in the whole game, and you start with the sniper (which is one hit kill) and infinate ammo. So you don't have to think or use strategy in weapon running or worry about getting ammo or health. Intelligence and cleverness is rendered obsolete in favor of pure twitch with mods and hacks to improve their ability.

I don't think any of them are lame enough to actually use an aimbot, but it's worth noting that this is the one gametype where an aimbot would actually work. If someone did want to aimbot they could easily do so without being detected. The german Maker used an aimbot in jk2 for years and was considered a sniper god until he was exposed. Unlike in basejk, hacks are actually dominant in this gametype, where wallhacks, brightskins, etc actually give the other player a huge advantage, since they will know precisely when someone is comming around a corner, and since they allow him to get an idea of where their opponent is at long distances where a player who is playing legit would have to use scope.

This server is made up of a bunch of newbies who suck at everything but insta and a few average basejk ctf players who were driven to insta presumably out of boredom. It's worth noting th at these average basejk players are top dogs in insta.

Skill Level - I would rate the skill level of this far below full force dueling (even the newbie 0 regen kind still takes more intelligence than insta) and insanely far below something like saber/force ctf.

Score - *1/2

Fun - ZzzzzzZZZ if I wanted pure twitch I would play ET or CS. And even both of those reward intelligence 10x more than this stupid crap.

score - *

RPG level - I'm going to give them a semi-high rpg score since it seems they spend most of their time on servers not even playing but arguing over who the best insta clans and players are and were. This is very much like a bunch of people sitting around arguing over who the best minor league baseball players are.

score - ***

Server Speed - was laggy for me

score - *

Settings - all creativity and intelligence removed. Doesn't get worse than that. It's also the furthest away from being a legit gametype of anything else in jk2. Even the saber newbs at least play something close to a real gametype.

Score - 1/2 *

Competition Viability - Because of the low skill level required to play this gametype, it attracts a ton of idiot rejects who like to pretend they have ability.

score - *

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of them said "omg unlagged is off". The name of the mod is unlagged, it must be some beneficial setting that a player who doesn't play that newbie mod wouldn't know.

Haha, this made me laugh. If you did any research, or visited a server which had the message, you would have realized how stupid you sound. The mod is actually called the CJK mod, it allows stat-tracker and hit tracker (shows where you hit the person, headshots, etc.) And unlagged is a prominant feature which allows a person to shoot like they have 0 ping, most servers that use it will have a message come up that says "type /unlagged to use the unlagged settings". It really sounds to me like you went there, found you were completely skilless and left. Truth is, hacks are very usefull, however, CJK has something built into it to prevent somebody to connect with evil creators aimbot/wallhack. Any other hacks are easily found making it stupid for anybody to use them anyways. I'd make a bet with you, to stay there and play for a few months then play somebody with skill, but it wouldn't be worth my time. I'd just like to play you, once.

Hey Bigemt, remember me?

What you said in this thread has got to be the most retarded excuse for a post I've ever heard of. I think it's funny how after I raped you in the server you go to a a silly forum and cry about a mod that you don't even know **** about. My 1 v 1 offer still stands by the way. Reach me on aim at Soccerpsycho19 or e-mail me at sbonsignore@gmail.com to set up a time.

Anyone who wants to learn more about the CJK-Mod who doesn't wanna hear a stupid biased base-fanboy who can't tolerate a gametype he isn't good at should check out our website and forum. We have a nice community of about 60 regulars with hardly any noobs on the servers at most times (more than I can say for most base ctf servers).

http://www.ac-sect.com

Have a nice day.

And unlagged is a prominant feature which allows a person to shoot like they have 0 ping

so then the statement was correct

Truth is, hacks are very usefull, however, CJK has something built into it to prevent somebody to connect with evil creators aimbot/wallhack.

Just tried to connect to your server with EVC hack. Succeeded. zZzz?

I'd make a bet with you, to stay there and play for a few months then play somebody with skill, but it wouldn't be worth my time. I'd just like to play you, once.

why would I spend all of that time playing a meaningless gametype? instagib is not a real jk2 gametype. I'd like to see you play the REAL GAME just once

Hey Bigemt, remember me?

no

I think it's funny how after I raped you in the server

clearly you have me confused with someone else

We have a nice community of about 60 regulars with hardly any noobs on the servers at most times (more than I can say for most base ctf servers).

uh you guys are all newbies. the only gametype you can claim to be above average in isn't even a real gametype. read that again. you guys suck at the real game. why would I respect your mod gametype? I could make some mod where saber throw is really fast and instant kill and then put gravity to 0 and play it all day and then say "rofl u suk cuz u can't play this weird modded gametype that I play all day and u never play!!!!" get real. you guys suck at jk2. you just made some mod that dumbed down the skill level and played it 24/7. you're really cavalier about wanting me to play your mod, but I don't see any of you offering to play me at any real gamemodes.

I know you idiots are too stupid to see the undeniable logic in what i'm about to say, but try to wrap your brain around this one. Find one person who is an upper level basejk player who says that instangib takes even close to as much skill as base. Right. No one. All of you suck at base. Now, off the top of my head, I can think of at least 3 upper level instagib players who say that it's newbie and that basejk takes way more skill. So...lets see here...i'm sure we all here agree that both of you suck horribly at the real game (basejk). So then there is JaX (beat one of your best players in an insta 1v1 after not playing it in over a year), Wacko (decent basejk player who is in the best of your little insta clans and a starter I believe), and Mug (average basejk player, also in the best of your little clans) who all say that insta is newbie and basejk takes infinately more skill. here comes the meaningless responses.

anyways why are you arguing with me here: go argue with the person who wrote this article:

http://www.jk2reviews.proboards99.com./index.cgi

This is really a stupid discussion. Instagib is mocked in every quake and quake style game. You guys are clueless. No respected tournament in any quake, doom, unreal tournament game has ever hosted instagib. Quake players mock it relentlessly, and instagib in quake actually takes some measure of talent. the jk2 sniper rifle is so easy, plus there is no punk buster to keep you guys from using mods (you also don't use pure server which isn't a big deal in basejk since hacks are pretty meaningless, but in insta it's pretty obvious why you guys don't have pure server on...HACKS...and yes brightskins are hacks newbies.)

You and your newbie community buddies can crow all you want, but all fps gaming history is on my side here. Think about it...you guys remove 99% of the total game, speed it up slightly, and then give yourselves an instant kill weapon with infiniate ammo on every spawn. This weapon also happens to be the easiest weapon to get good at in the entire game. The only weapon you have to consider or practice is the easiest in the whole game, and you don't even have to worry about ammo! Now, compare this to any legit quake engine game where one has to master a large diversity of weapons all requiring a different set of timing and skill to use properly, and adjust in midgame depending on the weapon being used. On top of that one has to consider the map and the routes he takes when getting weapons and ammo. One also has to worry about not running out of ammo. conserving force, keeping in mind a mental record of what force powers the offense or defense has used and a general idea of how many force points he has so you can judge the proper counter (against a good offense if you don't play it 100% perfectly in every mental aspect you will get burned) and all of the other dozens upon dozens of small calculations that a good player in basejk has to be making on the fly in jk2 ctf. All you guys have to worry about is jumping around, pointing at the guy and hitting fire when he is in your reticle. Improvisation in your gametype is either retardedly easy or non-existant. I'm wasting my time on you newbies.

I'm wasting my time on you newbies.

What ever :bigemt you posted these reviews to foster drama...something you obviously have a penchant for.

I think it's funny how after I raped you in the server you go to a a silly forum and cry about a mod that you don't even know **** about.

lol

i'm gonna make a mod and take out every force power except for Grip. Then i'm going to make it so that grip can take effect from anywhere on the map. Then i'm going to slightly speed up the game. Then my buddies and I will play this game with a small circle of people and then go around challenging people at it pretending like we're leet because we have played some stupid meaningless mod 24/7 instead of the actual game, and that they are newbies for not practicing our aforementioned meaningless mod

And unlagged is a prominant feature which allows a person to shoot like they have 0 ping
so then the statement was correct

I'm assuming you didn't see the part about "Most servers that use it will have a message come up that says "type /unlagged to use the unlagged settings""? The fact of the matter is, it is for all intents and purposes a game of its own. The features are probably the best of any mod in all of JKII. Brightskins aren't hacks. I've never played basejk, at least I haven't played it since I realized I liked InstaGib so much better.

why would I spend all of that time playing a meaningless gametype? instagib is not a real jk2 gametype. I'd like to see you play the REAL GAME just once

Every gametype is meaningless, fool, thats what its called a "game". It is a real JKII gametype, for it wouldn't have been made if Lucasarts hadn't made the game so easily modded. It was their intention for players to add minigames onto their game. Btw, mug was banned for hacks on several servers.

Hahaha. wow....I can't believe how uptight these dsbr kids are.

"Probably a bunch of desperate Dsbr groupies seeking acceptance from their masters." Indeed.

Basejk is dead, cry about it.

I got an IM from Dsbr Mediablitz last night at 1:30 AM bitching about my post here, challenging me to game of jk2 b/c i offended his friend or something. It was quite a rofl conversation, basically him just trying to **** talk instagib and pretend that bc he's good at basejk that should mean something to me.

****in basejk players are so damn uptight about a 5 year old game it that worries me when I think about how they might handle situations in real life.

i'm gonna make a mod and take out every force power except for Grip. Then i'm going to make it so that grip can take effect from anywhere on the map. Then i'm going to slightly speed up the game. Then my buddies and I will play this game with a small circle of people and then go around challenging people at it pretending like we're leet because we have played some stupid meaningless mod 24/7 instead of the actual game, and that they are newbies for not practicing our aforementioned meaningless mod
Just don't ask someone here to make said mod for you. And stop double posting, edit your original post and add whatever you need to the original post.

zOMG u r funni.

You're horrible at trolling. I want you to know that.

more like ur LoL!!!!! and ever1 here agrees that u gay i've been gettin pms from people sayin "he so gay ur right" ROFL!!!! so thats like dozen peeps all sayin u gay and no1 sayin u not so who r u 2 believe ROFL!!!!!! iceburn.gif

And GoodSirKnight, don't pretend to be a hardass after how hard you pussed out in response to my PM challenge

Even if I got your message when I was home, in front of my computer I still wouldn't have wasted my time.

As illustrated above:

lol I wish I would have seen that message earlier.. why would I ever set aside time for a moron like you?

You'd just end up on here sulking about it any way...

cd193636.jpg

Just leave like the people you brown nose, yeah Dsbr...they had to leave...lol

In fact you're worse than Dsbr because you follow them around and seek their approval!

lmfao

more like ur LoL!!!!! and ever1 here agrees that u gay i've been gettin pms from people sayin "he so gay ur right" ROFL!!!! so thats like dozen peeps all sayin u gay and no1 sayin u not so who r u 2 believe ROFL!!!!!!

How can somebody be LoL? He/she/it (sorry, don't know) is a laugh out loud? I guess it would make sense if you don't speak english well, or if you're five. Why/how have you been getting PMS from people? I was under the impression that you were a male, perhaps I was wrong. Why are people talking about his/her/it's (sorry, don't know) gay-ness? Going to induct them into your gay pride group? I would assume he/she/it (refer to above) would believe their own mind, thats what you did, if my gay pride theory is correct.

Archived