Home

newb stuck on making a lightsaber

woogiee

this is my first attempt at modelling anything and my first attempt at modding anything for JK3. im using Gmax and this tutorial http://www.thejediacademy.net/~virtue/tutorials/hilts/saber_tutorial.html

i got stuck on part 4 of the tutorial where it says:

"This menu will of course, be called Quake3 MD3 Import. Make sure the Load All radio button is checked under Tags: and then click Import MD3...

This will again bring up a file browsing window. From here, you are going to navigate to your JK3 base folder and go to models/weapons2/saber and open up the saber_w.md3 (If you haven't extracted this from your assets1.pk3 already, then you will need to do so before pressing the Import MD3 button)."

the problem is i have no clue how to extract the file from the assets.pk3. heck i cant even find the assets.pk3. what program do i need for this?

and yes ive searched the boards here for the past hour and a half and havent come across anythign that helped.

The assets PK3s will be found in your base folder, along with any mods you have. If you don't have the assets PK3s your game won't run, so if it runs they're there somewhere. You can open them with WinZip, WinRAR, or pretty much any similar program. I prefer PakScape, which is a specialized PK3 program.

Once you open up the PK3 it's just like extracting something from a ZIP file. Pretty much just drag it out and drop it where you want to extract it to.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived