Home

can this be fixed?

jedi_exile

Guest Jawa Bobo

Try turning off some of the control panel options (like images/signatures/avatars) to reduce the excess content (empty space is quite often from large avatars)

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

Click on "User CP" at the top of the screen, then "Edit Options" on the left hand side menu under "Control Panel" "Settings and Options". The third set of options is "Thread Display Options" and by unchecking "Show Signatures/Avatars/Images" you'll eliminate a lot of the blank space in threads/posts.

Yep. I have auto-update on.

Its probably an option thats checked (or unchecked.) I looked through my options but Im not sure what it could be.

Im not sure why it does it, but it has for as long as I can remember. (And this is through a few different reformats.)

EDIT: I tracked down the problem. Im not sure why its doing it, but when you set a maximum signiture size in your "User CP" it causes the "problem" described.

I just disabled it and the issue is gone. I don't know why I thought of trying that, but my intuition proved correct. (At least for me.)

EDIT2: It DOES do it with IE. When I checked earlier, I did not log in. I checked again, this time logging in with IE, and its the same as with Firefox.

Archived