Home

Where Should I Start?

dmoney101

i've always wanted to mod KOTOR saves, but I had the Xbox version originally so I couldn't. I just got the PC version of KOTOR and I'm really ready to start modding it. I've got the page for begginners and the page with all the links to the best tutorials on it bookmarked, but I want to know, where should I start? What is the easiest thing to get used to KOTOR tool with? The main thing I want to do is stat editiing and weapon modifying, but I don't know how hard or easy that is.

First off ,your no matter what, going to need Kotor Tool, thats a Given. Theres a forum for the tool in T3's Astromech droid center. My first mo dwas a simple 2da edit, but Darth 333's How to make a recruitable NPC in less then 10 steps tutorial was my fav. Thats were I'd start...again. Once you understand that, you can problabbly get yoursself right into weapon editing, Good Luck.

If your just changing item properties in the UTI file it would be rated a '1'. However depending on how much more complex you want to go it can go as high as a '7' or so. This of course would include new fully skinned lightsabers with custom stats, new model, In-game placement either through a script spawning a crate somewhere or a new NPC that you have to fight being spawned or via a dialogue with a NPC or partymember.

Archived