Home

looking for Sam & Max computer games (windows XP)

blor

I have Sam & Max hit the road, but think I've worn it out. Does anyone know where I can get another copy ? Also have they converted it to Windows and have they made more Sam & Max Computer Games? Lor

XD I knew I would be "misunderstood" lol.

Okay, I'll rephrase:

I prefer playing SCUMM games using the original exe file (which provides the original SCUMM interpreter for this specific game), because this makes sure I'll have the game 100% as it was meant to be. ScummVM has yet to reach 100% compatibility for *any* of the games it supports (see ScummVM.org's compatibility list). I experienced incompatibilities myself with CMI and Sam & Max. ScummVM is, however, the best alternative when there's no way of running the DOS executable.

It came up with some kind of strange behaviour. I cannot remember what it was exactly. I think it just froze at some point in CMI. In Sam & Max I had problems with sound lags and I think with getting text & speech work together. And there were slight "misinterpretations" of the script, too. Nothing major, but still noticeable for me, and thus not *original*.

Yeah, I know, it's all due to a less legitimate character of my copies of the games. :dozey:

[edit]

Err, and I recapitulate having issues with DOTT, too.

Archived