Home

A completely new experience

I've played K1 & 2 several times in the past, and I haven't played them in quite sometime now. But now that I wish to get back into it, I was wondering what (if any) mods should I get, if I want to have almost a completely different experience than the vanilla game.

What I'm asking in short is, what mods should I get if I want to play an almost completely different game this time around?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Added this request since it's so similar. ~ ChAiNz.2da

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a few mods like the one that starts you out on corusant(dont remeber the name) for either K1 or K2. Just looking for something to give me an all new gam experience. Thanks :)

many appologies.

Not a problem :D

As for your new experience.. are you wanting suggestions for K1, K2 or both?

Many come to mind, but we don't want to flood your head with all the possibilities ;)

Having too many choices may make you rush through one game in order to "check out" the mods in the other game.. it can really make you miss the finer points of either game's mods (did that make any sense?.. hehehe)

The newest thing is the Ord Mandell mod, it adds a whole new planet to k1. Also for k1 there are some new quests: Blessed Blade of P´tra, Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest, also there are some mods that insert a bit of new content, or change a bit the story: Deadeye Duncan in Manaan, Manaan fish fest,alternate endings, new recruits to change your default party (like the sith armada mod)... The best thing you can do is going to pcgamemods, lucasfiles, some modders pages and look for those mods: http://www.pcgamemods.com/6-200-0-3200-1.html

For k2 there are some WIPs that will introduce new quests, planets... Check them in the Hollowan Labs forum. And also for k2 someday (hope it´s soon) the TSL Restoration project will be released, wich will mend all that the designers weren´t able to include in the game, the lost content.

For both games there are some arena simulations, that give you the chance of fighting by pleasure (good way to get objects, money and xp).

My advise is that whou should look for all that, selecting what you really want for your gameplays.

The Ord Mantell mod by Redhawk is quite nice. Just be warned the combat can get pretty nasty in the caves. And once you have smashed your foes down there you better be using the hardcore mode or you will just walk through the other enemies in the game. KOTOR 1 has more extra content mods than K2.

Archived