Home

KotOR III & The Mandalorians

The Source

4000 YEARS BEFORE THE FIRST MOVIE, 4000 years!!! And...to tell you the truth...I never see their technology ACTUALLY change. They still fly space ships, use laser blasters, and use lightsabers. How long ago was it that we went from land to sea to air? From Swords to guns? From wood to metal? and yet after 4000 years of their time I still never see any...drastic change in material used, weapons used, or mode of transportation. So can someone explain to me why? LOL! Cause I think im missing it!!

:0

There is always the possibility that there was some galaxy-wide cataclysmic event sometime between the KotOR era and the movies era.

If KotOR technology continues to advance, it may be necessary to do something like that at some point to retcon any rising inconsistencies. The original Tales of the Jedi comic books did have this ancient look and feel to them, but KotOR1 changed that by making the EB look far more advanced, making the lightsabers look just like those in the movies, making the blasters be practically identical to those we know both technologically and design-wise. Not to mention the huge starfighter battles at the end of KotOR1. Blame Bioware for this, since they were clearly the ones to open the Pandora's box...

It's still slightly less than 4000 years before the movies. It's too early to introduce anything that looks like it did in the movies, besides I like the existing KoTOR vision of the Old Republic. It's original and it's beautiful.

iggyman has a good point and i think ive alreddy seen that picture that prime posted in starwars tales volume six i think not to sure i may be wrong.

4000 YEARS BEFORE THE FIRST MOVIE, 4000 years!!! And...to tell you the truth...I never see their technology ACTUALLY change. They still fly space ships, use laser blasters, and use lightsabers. How long ago was it that we went from land to sea to air? From Swords to guns? From wood to metal? and yet after 4000 years of their time I still never see any...drastic change in material used, weapons used, or mode of transportation. So can someone explain to me why? LOL! Cause I think im missing it!!

:0

It is because the SW galaxy is techologically stable. It isn't that there is no advancement, it is that it is very slow, because most of tech is as good as it needs to be (which is what drives tech development in the first place). The fact is, our time isn't a good frame of reference, because we are in an extremely uncommon period of tech advancement. It is not the norm.

For example, swords were used for thousands or years. Hell, the horse and wagon are still used by the majority of the planet, and relatively unchanged over millenia. Similarly, as much as cars have advanced, their basic operation and design is the same as the first ones. In general, you will find that even in our own time most relatively older tech functions the same as it always did, just with new bells and whistles.

The right question would be where did Jango get his armor, don't ya think? Because I think Boba managed to get his father's armor and paint it when he became a bounty hunter.

i read some where that jango fett was a soldier for the mandalorians during the mandalorian wars so that would explain why he has mandalorian armor an d why he wonted an unoltered clone for himself so that the mandalorians would live on

if count dooku new he was a mandalorian that would be a reason that he asked him if he could be cloned

• 2 weeks later...

Archived