Home

Questions Regarding Module Editing/Adding Placeables

jonathan7

Right Gang!!!

Aaarggghhh!!!!! At the moment I have Brain ache!! Mainly as at the moment im doing my first module edit for TSL, i have read through Doom Dealers tutorial on module creation, however atm, im just wanting to add a few containers/placables into Peragus right at the start (I have every download from star wars knights for all the different editing utilities) So is this done by scripting or by editing the module. For example, when you wake up, how can i make it so that you can search all of the dead miners in the kolto tanks for items + the dead body in the morgue having more than the plasma torch and add a container with a few odds and ends in (eventually this will have custom made items by me... but im trying to get my head round the whole module concept at the moment) I apologise if ive been thick but having used the search function in general tutorials I cant seem to find anything that is specifically about editing modules in the sith lords (which obviously has its problems, as you cant just use kotor tool to edit modules like in K1) so do i export everything from the module across to edit?

Peragus is only the beggining, as I will edit a fair few places (eg the mandalorian caches and add a whole load of stuff) but first of all i need to get this out of my way so i know how its done... then i can leave you guys alone and get on with editing it :-)

so having read that thread i gather with scripting you can add items, enemies/npc's etc... so what can you do when editing an area, that you cant do with other stuff? (I will probably script in the stuff instead of editing a module, though i was going to edit the module, just so i got a better understanding of how module's work for module creation later) but the first thing im wanting to do is make peragus abit more interesting (first time you play through its good, but then it does lose its novelty value for some people) so any suggestions of things to change would be cool! Was thinking of having a few people left alive somewhere else in the facility, then having them killed off, or escape in some way.

Archived