Home

Never Trust a Hutt: Travels of Kavar Part One

Chapter 10

On board the Rebublic capital ship Harbinger, Commander Valik blinked to make sure it was real. And it was. "A Sith fleet? What are they doing here!?! Turn the ship around and head for open space. Lets give them a fight to remember. Mobilize the A-wing fighters, this is about to get a lot harder!" he turned to his second in command and said in a softer voice, "Get Kavar back up here. Were going to need a Jedi around here in a minute."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kavar stared at the sky. "Xyrus, what is the Sith fleet doing here? Did you call them?"

Xyrus turned to Kavar. "They've come to esort me back to Korriban. I guess our partnership is over."

"Not yet. Come with me, Xyrus, together we can help change the galaxy, the way you wanted, for the better! Join the Jedi, don't cause more harm! You have good in you!" Kavar looked at Xyrus, who looked confused. "There's my shuttle. Come with me. Embrace the light. The teachings of the Sith are lies, and you know it!"

As the orbital shuttle landed, Xyrus glanced at it, then at Kavar, then at the battle overhead. He looked torn for a long time, then made his answer, not sounding as sure of himself as he would have liked. "I can't. We have different paths to take. I have sworn my alleigence to the Sith. I am a Sith. I do not wish to be your enemy. But we are on different sides. I must go now, and fight with the Sith. You must go and fight with the Republic. But from now on, we are enemies. Take this to remember me by. Goodbye Kavar." And with that Xyrus tossed Kavar his lightsaber.

The Sith shuttle landed next to Xyrus, and the Sith borded the Shuttle. "Take me to my ship." he commanded the pilot, and then took one last look at Kavar, as the door closed and the shuttle took off.

"Goodbye Xyrus." Kavar said to himself, and borded the shuttle. "Lets go," he said to the pilot. "Time to join the battle."

Chapter 11

The battle was going well for the Republic. At least until Xyrus arrived. With battle meditation turned full force against them, not even superior numbers and tactics could help them now.

"What have I missed?" asked Kavar, just arriving from the shuttle, "I take it things are going pretty badly?"

"Yes sir. It's that battle meditation, it's wrecking all of our strategies! How do we beat it?" Commander Valik looked scared. This was unusual.

Kavar thought for a moment. "I have no idea. There is a way, but I will do that only at last resort.'

"No offence meant, Jedi, but this is last resort! We've already lost two of our five cruisers, and our A wing fighter squadrons have suffered heavy casualties! We aren't going to last much longer out here!"

"All right Valik, think you can fight your way to their flagship, were going to need to pull up close for this one!" Kavar stared at the Sith flagship. "All right Xyrus, I'll give you one chance..." he whispered to himself.

Commander Valik fought off the battle meditation's effects. We have a plan now, we can do this! he thought, forcing himself to beleive it. "All right men, start heading towards the enemy flagshp, we havent lost yet! Contact the assault fighters and tell them to give us some cover here."

The Harbinger lurched, turning slightly then speeding ahead in the direction of the Sith ship. Sith fighters close in on all sides, assault fighters just barely able to hold them off. "Get some more fighters in here!" Valik yelled, "we need more cover fire!"

"Valik, we don't have any more ships, most of our fleet has already been devastated!" Kavar yelled "Just wait, all we need to do is get to Xyrus' ship!"

"Well here it is, were pulling up now!" Valik smiled, "hold on for a moment!"

Kavar looked a Valik. "Lock all turbolasers on to their bridge. But don't fire until I give the command."

The Harbinger, damaged by the hundreds of sith fighters surrounding it, surrounded by Sith warships, had reached its target. But perhaps to late. As the smaller Republic vessel pulled along side the larger Sith one, Kavar found himself staring into the eyes of Xyrus. Both men stared out the window for a long time, neither giving the order to fire.

"Turn to the light!" Kavar yelled, "Don't fire, come with me!"

Xyrus couldn't hear what Kavar was saying, but he knew exactly what it meant. He stood their, watching Kavar for a long time, then made his decision. "Fire!"

Kavar saw Xyrus make his command. And even as the first wave of laser fire rocked the hull of the Harbinger, he gave the signal. Four turbolasers fired. And the bridge of the Sith flagship exploded. The warship floated there for a second, then plummeted towards Tattooine's surface below. Across the battlefeild, Republic pilots suddenly found themselves feeling filled with new hope, and Sith pilots felt their previous morale fade. The battle medditation had ended.

On the Harbinger's bridge, Valik whooped. "Focus all laser canons on the enemy fighter craft! We may win this yet!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nurka the Hutt surveyed his surroundings. His palace lay in ruins, charred and broken. His men were all dead, and his servants had fled. But, for the moment, the Republic had forgotten about him. Nurka began slowly slithering across the sand, towards the exit to the palace. Perhaps he would pick up a pilot at the spaceport, find his way off this rock. Nar Shadaa would be a good place to go next. Nurka smiled. He would rebuild. At least he wasn't dead. Not yet. The Hutt looked up at the sky. Just in time to see the Sith flagship plummet from the heavens. It was the last thing the Hutt ever saw, before the starship crashed into the surface of Tatooine, burrying Nurka's palace under miles of twisted metal.

Chapter 12

Explosions rocked the bridge of the Harbinger as the battle raged on. Pursued, by Sith fighter craft, the Republic forces had gathered into a circle, barely managing to survive wave after wave of Sith fighters.

"Well, you know what I said about us being able to win this? Well, I was wrong." Valik told Kavar on the bridge of the Harbinger. "There's no way we can manage this. We took to many casualties early on. Unless reinforcements arrive, we're dead."

Kavar remained calm. "Reinforcements will come. Trust me. Mobilize the fighters. Let's take down their command ship, the one on the left."

The commander stared. "A full on assault would be suicide! We don't have enough fighters to pull that off!"

"We only need to keep them on the defensive for a few minutes. If we let them make the plans then the reinforcements might be too late. If we can surprise them, we might keep them confused just long enough."

"All right. Private! Contact the fighters, tell them to get into attack formations, all fighters to attack the left command ship!"

Getting the word, the entire fleet suddenly sped forward, spraying a hail of laser fire into the attacking ships. Caught off their guard, the Sith fell into disarray, and Republic fighters tore through their ranks. Explosions ripped through space as the Republic met the Sith amongst the endless stars. The Harbinger flew through the chaos, getting in close and firing on the commanding warship. It worked perfectly. But only for a minute. The Sith regrouped, firing mercilessly upon the republic cruisers, sending two blazing down to Tatooine's surface.

On board the bridge of the Harbinger, Commander Valik knew the end was near. "Got any more tricks, Jedi?"

Kavar thought for a minute. "I've got one. How much explosive material do we have on this ship?"

"Enough to cause quite a bang, what with the fuel and all. Why?"

"I've got an idea. Load it into the escape pods." Kavar frowned, his mind working. "Then prepare to launch them."

"At what?" asked Valik, confused.

"Any Sith target you can find!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, still under fire from the Sith fleet, the Harbinger began a sudden advance. Leaving the main group, it made its way through the ranks of the Sith fleet, firing turbolasers. It then waited for a moment, fired its escape pods in seemingly random directions, and began a steady retreat. And, as the Harbinger retreated, it's sheilds failing from continued laser fire, as the Republic fleet sat on the edge of oblivion, as all hope seemed lost, the seemingly harmless escape pods connected with their targets. And the half the Sith fleet exploded in a massive fireball.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jedi Master Vandar's reinforcements flashed out of hyperspace, readying for the oncoming battle. Instead they found only wrecked Sith fighters, as the tattered Republic forces destroyed the last of the Sith warships.

Vandar looked puzzled, then happy, as he realised that Kavar had pulled it off on his own. "More competant than I thought, this young Kavar is. Many more missions I will have for him. A great future this one has," Vandar closed his eyes, sensing with the force "Yes, very great indeed."

Chapter 13

The fire crackled, as it slowly died down. Kavar sat next to the fire after the Republic's celebration on Tatooine. "Well, master Vandar, after that explosion, the rest of the Sith fleet was easy to mop up." He finished, after a long time telling his story.

"A good mind you have, young Kavar, and a good body too. Take out crime lord and Sith at same time, many Jedi could not. Much greatness I sense in you. To the council, you must go. Quickly, too your transport. I will meet you when you get their. May the force be with you, young Jedi."

"And with you, Master Vandar."

With that, Kavar left the sleeping Republic troops. He was thinking as he walked across the desserted nighttime streets of Tatooine. Thinking about the Jedi. And the Sith. Thinking about his first mission. Thinking about Xyrus mainly. There had been good in him. But the good was corrupted by the Sith. The Sith ruined everything. Kavar knew that that would be his mission. He must seek the Sith, and destroy their evils. That was his goal in life. To defend the galaxy from evil. He was a defender. A guardian.

Kavar sighed. It felt good to be getting off this sandy, corrupted planet. He got into the transport, and sat down at the controls. Then he flew off, through the endless stars of the night time sky.

[The End]

Yeah, and a part three. :) The second one might take a while to come out, and school starts soon so I'll be a little buissy, and I might take longer between each chapter.

But anyway, part two should be out within two weeks I think.

Edit: I just got word working, and I fixed all the spelling errors! Ill submit it to the Jedi archives soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived