Home

Modeling Problem: Exporting in Gmax

bloodgrave

I'm not sure if this goes here or not.. I downloaded Gmax, Mdlops and NWmax, read three different modeling tutorials here about ten times just to make certain I had it right. I didn't even edit the .mdl in gmax (yes, I transfered it to ASCII using Mdlops), I just imported it with NWMAX and then tried to directly export into a new folder to see if it would work.

It won't. It will not export the .mdl in the method said on all of the tutorials. I hit the Aurora Base, typed in my folder (even tried doing it in the original folder just to make sure that wasn't wrong), hit 'Export Geom Only', and it just won't work. I've tried it about twenty times, and twenty more with various settings changed, and it just doesn't do anything. It makes a show like it's actually exporting something, but there is no file. It's driving me crazy. ~_~

Can someone either tell me if I'm missing something, or step me through it?.. I downloaded the programs linked in the "Modeling tips" thread, from those very links. I don't know what I'm missing, but it's very frustrating, ~_~

::shakes head:: I haven't gotten any errors whatsoever, it just doesn't make the file. I didn't put it in the same folder as the original .mdl, either. I tried to once, but first I tried in a different folder. I've tried to export it into around four different folders total, numerous times, the original .mdl folder being one of them.. But it wouldn't do a thing. :/

I'm not sure if this goes here or not.. I downloaded Gmax, Mdlops and NWmax, read three different modeling tutorials here about ten times just to make certain I had it right. I didn't even edit the .mdl in gmax (yes, I transfered it to ASCII using Mdlops), I just imported it with NWMAX and then tried to directly export into a new folder to see if it would work.

It won't. It will not export the .mdl in the method said on all of the tutorials. I hit the Aurora Base, typed in my folder (even tried doing it in the original folder just to make sure that wasn't wrong), hit 'Export Geom Only', and it just won't work. I've tried it about twenty times, and twenty more with various settings changed, and it just doesn't do anything. It makes a show like it's actually exporting something, but there is no file. It's driving me crazy. ~_~

Can someone either tell me if I'm missing something, or step me through it?.. I downloaded the programs linked in the "Modeling tips" thread, from those very links. I don't know what I'm missing, but it's very frustrating, ~_~

Look at this pic. Hit aurorabase (marked) and in modifier panell it is a button "export geom only" (marked). Model will be exported in same place where the original ascii version is (marked) and under the aurora base name (marked).

For lightsabers I suggest to rename compiled mdl and mdx to somethging else like "w_lghtsbr_001-old.mdl" (mdx). Another suggestion is to use nwmax v.07.

However if you get into trouble ask for help. :)

And, welcome on LF.

Real quick oldflash I know there had been a problem with NWMAX v.08 however I can't recall what the issue was. I do know they have a seperate download patch for v.08 I'm not sure if this fixed the problem some have had with it.

Was something about "sanity check fail". I should have a search for patch and see what is do. Thanks for tip.

Edit: Strange, I installed gmax and nwmax v.07 at work under win98 and got same problem. No error but no model exported... That's odd. Same things with nwmax 06, 05 and 04 beta. With nwmax v08 got sanity check error and still not even a shadow of exported model. Could be a problem with os. I'll check later under winXP.

::blank stare:: ... No, I did not, in fact, use the NWMax icon. I don't know why, I just.. Never did. I somehow missed that and just naturally thought to click on Gmax. ::blink::

Well, I tried that just now, and it finally works! And now I feel quite foolish. ^^;;;;

Thanks muchly for your help!

You started gmax using NWmax icon and not Gmax icon, right?

I wonder if it is a bonus feature or a glitch but with NWMax v.08 it auto launches NWMax even if you double click the default gmax icon now. Of course the flip side is the potential for your model not exporting.

Archived