Home

Take a look.

TruYuri

These attacks are from Fable: The Lost Chapters. I was wondering if it was possible to create something very similar on Kotor/Kotor II.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/alpha073/Fable2.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/alpha073/Fable1.jpg

Their basically the same thing, except that the red one is evil, blue is good.

I think they should each do the same damage. The thing is tho, that on Fable, you do a charge up thing, and i dont think thats possible on Kotor. So what i was thinkin was that you use the Force Choke maneauver, when you hold the purple ball thing in your hand. Red ball for red, blue ball or blue.

What'd ya think?

These attacks are from Fable: The Lost Chapters. I was wondering if it was possible to create something very similar on Kotor/Kotor II.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/alpha073/Fable2.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/alpha073/Fable1.jpg

What, exactly, are those attacks doing? Emitting a ray of light on top of the target and lifting them off the ground?

Ya, basically. On Fable:TLC you charge up, then let go a symbol (like they show) and the energy lifts them off the ground and constantly hurts them until the attack has finished. If this is possible i would image there would be at 3 levels of it, getting stronger and taking more FP each level and lasting longer.

Ya, basically. On Fable:TLC you charge up, then let go a symbol (like they show) and the energy lifts them off the ground and constantly hurts them until the attack has finished. If this is possible i would image there would be at 3 levels of it, getting stronger and taking more FP each level and lasting longer.

You could make it as a force power that lifts all nearby enemies off the ground for a set duration and hurts them in the meanwhile. Higher levels could increase the duration and/or damage.

I don't think you can make it work like the "charging up attack" bit, unless you simulate it by temporarily disabling the force user and delaying the start of the attack effect after the power has been used. If I understand the "charge" thing correctly.

I could try to put together such a force power. Any idea what the power should be called? :)

zomg you could try this? sweet. hmmm....make it called....Force Zeal (good) or Force Anarchy (evil). Remember, instead of the charge up thing try and have him holding the purple ball thing only its blue (good) or red (evil) if possible. :)

I guess you could have him be delayed when charging it up. Idk tho, i think it would look a bit stupid if he was as stiff as a rock when hes doing it ho :p

zomg you could try this? sweet. hmmm....make it called....Force Zeal (good) or Force Anarchy (evil). Remember, instead of the charge up thing try and have him holding the purple ball thing only its blue (good) or red (evil) if possible. :)

I guess you could have him be delayed when charging it up. Idk tho, i think it would look a bit stupid if he was as stiff as a rock when hes doing it ho :p

Yes, I'll try to make a force power that works somewhat like how I'd imagine it from your description and those screenshots (since I've never played fable). Hopefully it'll be done later this evening though I won't promise anything.

It won't look just like that power though since it isn't possible to create new visual effects for the KotOR games as far as I know, but using existing game visuals and some artistic license it will hopefully capture roughly the same spirit.

Is there any real difference between the Good and Evil variant, other than one looking Evil and the other looking Good, or could I just consolidate them both into a single Universal power instead? :)

Is there any real difference between the Good and Evil variant, other than one looking Evil and the other looking Good, or could I just consolidate them both into a single Universal power instead? :)

Well, i guess there isnt really any difference. But i would really like it to have a Good (blue) and Evil (red) side. Maybe the red could do more damage, but the blue would do less damage, but stun them afterwards? :) hows that?

Well, i guess there isnt really any difference. But i would really like it to have a Good (blue) and Evil (red) side. Maybe the red could do more damage, but the blue would do less damage, but stun them afterwards? :) hows that?

I just made 3 universal powers to begin with to see if it's what you had in mind. If it seems okay I can turn them into two separate Dark/Light tiers in a new version if needed.

So, here is a first "beta" version of the force power(s). This adds them as a tier of 3 universal powers, available at level 12, 16 and 20 respectively.

Download here.

A screenshot.

That is my interpretation of those screenshots and your description, don't know if it's similar enough to the "real thing", but if you have any suggestions for improvements I'll see what I can do, if I am able. :)

The powers will currently lift any nearby enemies off the ground, rendering them helpless and deal damage to them for the duration. The damage depends on the level of the caster, 1 dmg per level of the caster per second. E.g. a level 20 character using the "Master" power would deal 20 damage per second for 8 seconds, of the "Unstoppable" variety.

Same rules as other force powers apply, i.e. the Potency force form increase the damage, the Mastery form increase the duration etc, and a successful force resist check will prevent the force power from affecting that particular victim. A successful Will saving throw cuts the duration in half for that particular victim.

There is currently a 1.5 second "charge up" period before any effects hit the victims, during which some visual effects play. The player will also be stunned for 4 seconds when casting any of the powers.

The different versions increase the duration and radius, like:

Force Zeal

Universal Power

Prerequisites:

Level 12

This power lifts all nearby enemies in a small radius off the ground and pummels them with harmful energies for the duration of the power. Enemies take 1 damage for each level of the force user per second for 4 seconds. A successful Will saving throw reduces the duration to 2 seconds. The force user will be left helpless for 4 seconds while channeling the energies needed to unleash the power.

Greater Force Zeal

Universal Power

Prerequisites:

Level 16

This power lifts all nearby enemies in a medium radius off the ground and pummels them with harmful energies for the duration of the power. Enemies take 1 damage for each level of the force user per second for 6 seconds. A successful Will saving throw reduces the duration to 3 seconds. The force user will be left helpless for 4 seconds while channeling the energies needed to unleash the power.

Master Force Zeal

Universal Power

Prerequisites:

Level 20

This power lifts all nearby enemies in a large radius off the ground and pummels them with harmful energies for the duration of the power. Enemies take 1 damage for each level of the force user per second for 8 seconds. A successful Will saving throw reduces the duration to 4 seconds. The force user will be left helpless for 4 seconds while channeling the energies needed to unleash the power.

Ty. I have to reinstall Kotor cuz i accidentaly deleted a needed file...but wait. We never actually chose which game this is for. Which is it?

It's for KotOR2:TSL, since I don't know much about modding KotOR1 (and haven't played it in ages since it feels so primitive after having gotten used to K2:TSLs improved game engine and graphics. :)).

It is possible it might work with the first game as well with some minor changes, but I have no idea since I haven't tested it and made it for TSL. :)

Good job on the force powers they look awesome, and like I said I am going to download them now!

Edit: I just downloaded and tried to install the mod and when I was done it gave me this message when I was done:

screen_error.jpg

If you could help me I would be really happy, Thanks!

-SithRevan

SithRevan, please refrain from double posting. Thanks. -RH

Sorry about the double post, but the installer said that it could not find a compiled version of one of the scripts and when I went to look to see if it was just and error and maybe I could find it, it was not there, if you could help me with this I would really appreciate it, Thanks!

P.S.: by the way the mod looks great I just wish I could use it!:D

Edit: I just downloaded and tried to install the mod and when I was done it gave me this message when I was done:

Compilation error

Did you extract the folder inside the RAR archive somewhere before running the installer EXE? It won't work if you try to run it right out of the RAR file without extracting it first since the file/folder structure won't be as is assumed.

When he does the screaming charge up thing, is there a way to hold that position instead of getting stunned? I think that would be nice.

Can't be done as far as I am aware, the Fury animation is fire&forget, not looping, with a fixed duration.

Can the purple energy spire possibly be turned blue? that would also be nice. Turn it red for the evil version too.

I can use the lightning beams instead which are blue/white in color, though it will result in a somewhat thinner beam than the purple one. I'm re-using the Death Field beam for the effect since the beam effects are hardcoded in the game engine. While I could recolor it, that would recolor all other uses of that beam effect in the game as well.

While a non-beam visual effect could be used instead I can't think of any suitable that comes with the game, and as far as I know you can't create new visual effect models since the current MldOps model importer can't handle light/particle emitters. Thus the options for visual effects to use are fairly limited.

I still think that stunning the enemy for good and doing more damage for evil would be nice.

I'll make those changes when changing it to separate dark/light powers.

And, as in the pictures from Fable, can there be like a red (evil) or blue (good) fog in between the lines? That would make it even better.

The lines? If you mean the energy beams holding the victims I tried a few variants but all the "cloud" visuals in the game I could find were either too large or too dense (hard to see through) making it look strange. And it lagged the game a fair bit when used against a large crowd of enemies.

If you mean the rune thing on the ground I suppose I could add some smoke/cloud effect to it.

I was experimenting with effects for a little, and want to say that turbolaser effect will looks absolutely like in screenshot

The problem with the turbolaser effect (I assume you mean the "Orbital laser" thing used in the Taris hangar during the escape scene) is that it comes with a huge grenade-like impact explosion effect as well, not just the beam. It's also a Fire&Forget effect, not looping, so you'd need to "spam" it to maintain the visual for the duration of the force power. :)

hey, this mod sounds sweet. if you don't mind, stoffe, could you also make one for K1? please? :)

That would likely be a no.

It's for KotOR2:TSL, since I don't know much about modding KotOR1 (and haven't played it in ages since it feels so primitive after having gotten used to K2:TSLs improved game engine and graphics. :)).

See... it helps to read the thread completely before posting. ;)

I've now uploaded version 2 here, which should incorporate some more of the ideas posted here.

There is still only one series of 3 Universal powers, however the functioning of those powers will change depending on the Dark/Light alignment of the force user (FU), like this:

• If the force user is Darkside, the power will do extra damage per second; the stronger in the Darkside the FU is, the more extra damage will be dealt. The extra damage is calculated by subtracting the FUs force alignment from 40 and then dividing by 4. Darkside force alignment goes from 39, which is barely darkside, to 0 which is Darkside mastery.

E.g. a FU with darkside mastery would do (40 - 0) / 4 = 10 extra damage per second.

• If the FU is Neutral or Lightside, the power will leave the victim stunned after the energy strike has ended. The duration of the stun depends on how strong the FU is in the lightside; the more lightside the longer the stun duration. Stun duration is calculated by subtracting 40 from the force alignment then dividing by 6. Neutral/Lightside force alignment goes from 40 to 100, where 40 is Neutral bordering on Dark, and 100 is Lightside mastery.

E.g. a FU with lightside mastery would stun victims for (100 - 40) / 6 = 10 seconds after the energy strike has ended.

Visual effects now also change a bit depending on the Dark/Light force alignment of the FU:

• Darkside will have a red energy cloud along with a burning purple rune on the ground and purple lightning beams. Screenshot

• Lightside will have white sparks along with a glowing blue rune on the ground, and white/blue lightning beams. Screenshot.

I kept it as a single power adapting to its user rather than make two separate tiers to bypass the (IMHO) hardest part of making force powers: coming up with new icon designs. :) If you really want separate Dark/Light power tiers for some reason I suppose I could try to do so anyway. ;)

hey, this mod sounds sweet. if you don't mind, stoffe, could you also make one for K1? please? :)

Since I don't have KotOR1 installed for the moment I don't know how much of what this mod uses is KotOR2-exclusive in the way of visual effects and scripting functions. I suppose if someone versed in modding both games would have a look at it and make the necessary changes there could be a K1 version as well (unless something fundamental is missing), but that someone else would be better suited than me to make that version. :)

Archived