Home

a kotor tsl game engine for kotor part 1

Crazy B

Hi i was wondering if it would be possible to have some of the nice features in kotor tsl available for kotor part 1. I know its a rather vague question as there is a hell 0f a lot of extra features in the game but am mainly looking at getting jedi class skills and skill gains the same way u do in part 2( eg a jedi gaudian with 12 int gets 2 skill points instead of 1 meaning u dont need 14 int stats just to get 1 lousy extra skill point). Also i was wondering if this would be considerd porting from another game (as i have read the forum rules but do not completely understand this part as im a bit of a noob). If so i will take this matter no further. If im not breakeing any rules please let me no as i have alot of ideas but am rather new to modding, generally meaning i cant make any. Thanks would appreaciate some feed back as i have lots of ideas for a mod.

I wouldn't call myself an expert on the matter, but I'm gonna say that most of the things you are talking about doing are impossible. Things like level caps, and the such are hardcoded, so I'm pretty sure most of the things you're talking about are impossible.

Edit: welcome to the forums btw :wavey:

I wouldn't call myself an expert on the matter, but I'm gonna say that most of the things you are talking about doing are impossible.

Edit: welcome to the forums btw :wavey:

Is it really that hard to change the amount of skills a caracter gains in relation to his stats?

Is it really that hard to change the amount of skills a caracter gains in relation to his stats?

I wouldn't know for sure, but that part might be able to be changed by messing around with .2da files like featgain.2da, I don't have experience in the area. Perhaps I misunderstood your request though, I thought you were looking at sort of porting over TSL mechanics into K1, when things like level caps and such are hardcoded.

There are no edit-able files that control this so... I believe this is hard-coded. Sorry. :(

For skill points the only thing that is editable is the amount that you get per level. The bonus that you get from the ability scores is hardcoded. You can edit the number of skill points per level via classes.2da. However it isn't worth giving yourself more than 10 skill points as even with cross class skills taking double points you will only be allowed to take your skills up to there maximum rank based upon your level.

I of course think back on the old rules systems for SW and D&D and much prefer the current system for advancement. Which means In other words the advancement system is not broken which means it doesn't need fixing or improving.

TO add to his origional question. Would it be possible to change parts of the game engine: like adding the switch weapon feature, where you can have two sets of weapons equipped and can do a quick switch in battle instead of having to open the equip screen and change weapons that way?

TO add to his origional question. Would it be possible to change parts of the game engine: like adding the switch weapon feature, where you can have two sets of weapons equipped and can do a quick switch in battle instead of having to open the equip screen and change weapons that way?

My best guess would be that its not possible, I'd venture to guess that feature of TSL is hardcoded as well. I'm only guessing, because really I have no idea, lol, but I'd assume its not possible.

My best guess would be that its not possible, I'd venture to guess that feature of TSL is hardcoded as well. I'm only guessing, because really I have no idea, lol, but I'd assume its not possible.

That is correct it is hardcoded. In fact game developer magazine had a post-mortem interview back in April that mentioned this very design feature as being one of the additions that Obsidian had programmed into the engine.

Archived