Home

New to EAW

RebellYell

So i picked up a copy of EAW today. Id played the demo earlier in the year but never got around to buying it. Firstly im a big fan of Rebellion and all oldskool Lucasarts games. I wasnt expecting this to be Rebellion 2 (seeming lucasarts always like to cut games down) so i didnt expect much from EAW. I was really suprised at how much better the full game was compared to the demo (even with the demo mods). The space battles are excellent and whilst not as good as Homeworld (nor should they be) their pretty fun. The ground battles (suprisingly) are just as good.

Anyway, its really nice to play a game that tried to diverge itself from mainstream RTS builds. Its good not having to spam with one single unit (even though you prob could try) unlike other games such as Dawn of War (prism tank rush anyone?). And you have to be carefull about protecting units seeming once their gone (if ur attacking) u cant just build some more.

Thiers LOTS of improvements that could and probably will be made to this game with future expansions. But either way its a great game. I see theres alot of negative stuff spoken about EAW on all the fansite forums and its a little shocking tbh. But not unexpected, the same thing occurs on other game boards aswell (the amount of my orcs are nerfed! talk on Relic boards is disturbing).

Hope to see some of yas online (if anyone still plays :p)

/end rant

Guest DarthMaulUK

Welcome to the forums! Every one is entitled to their views but alot of the crictism aimed at Empire at War has been undeserved. Online the game is alot of fun, especially the land battles for me. Petroglyph have done a great job in supporting the game and will continue to do so (as they promised) and the upcoming expansion will add so much more - not in terms of just new units - but maybe a different style of play altogether. Its going to be interesting!

DMUK

I agree with DarthMaulUK that some of the criticism is undeserved, but perhaps when the expansion is released your problems with the game will be sorted out :)

I hope so

Welcome to the forums btw :wavey:

That AND EAW

Hope you enjoy the game as much as I do. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thiers LOTS of improvements that could and probably will be made to this game with future expansions. But either way its a great game. I see theres alot of negative stuff spoken about EAW on all the fansite forums and its a little shocking tbh. But not unexpected, the same thing occurs on other game boards aswell (the amount of my orcs are nerfed! talk on Relic boards is disturbing).

Well, every game has its' nay sayers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived