Home

Bastila and Fem Revan, the untold Love Story

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question for Master Kavar.

I am light side and i fought Bastila at the star forge with your mod. I am positive that Bastila say kill Malak for me my love or something like that. However, when you don't have the a male, i guess the game is using the female dialog for that scene. If you can, could you please put the male dialog instead?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I am light side and i fought Bastila at the star forge with your mod. I am positive that Bastila say kill Malak for me my love or something like that. However, when you don't have the a male, i guess the game is using the female dialog for that scene. If you can, could you please put the male dialog instead?

Great mod, but i noticed this too.

• 2 months later...

OMG this is an old thread, I hope someone actually reads this question I have, instead of me talking to thin air.

I have a couple of questions regarding this mod.

the questions are as follows:

(spoilers ahead)

when I first played KOTOR, I did it as male revan, and on the torture scene, kaul tortures bastila to get revan to give him anwsers, and when I played the game again as female revan he instead tortured carth.

so question 1 is: if I use this mod, and manage to romance bastila with a female revan, and manage to get it as far as it could get, would kaul torture bastila? or he would torture carth?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I played KOTOR for the third time, I did it as a DarkSide male revan, and there, when I reached the top of the rakata temple, and bastila showed up, she made the offer to become revan's apprentice AND lover, on a very twisted evil and cool way.

But on my fourth playtrough as DarkSide Female Revan, when I reached the same spot, she only made the offer with her as an aprentice and nothing more.

so, question Number 2: if I use this mod with a darkside female revan, and manage to complete bastila's romance quest, by the time I reach rakata temple she makes the same offer to be revan's aprentice and lover? (on the same way she did with male revan?)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Question, playing as female revan makes carth's romance posible, but I'm assuming that I can't romance both carth and bastila, to get the bastila romance I must avoid all flirts with carth completely? or can I add some small tiny flirts with carth but leave incomplete his romance side-quest to complete bastila's?

thanks for reading my small comment, and pls answer my lil questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming anyone is still reading this...

Great mod, but i noticed this too.

I've been poking at this myself. The mod doesn't touch the Star Forge dialog at all AFAICT, so what you're getting when you confront her there is the default game behavior. Which is an enormous shame, because that's half the love story right there.

Now, it appears that what the game is actually doing when you have that talk with Basty is running a script called k_psta_bastrom, or, on one occasion, k_psta_bastromn; if that script returns false, the game decides you're not romancing the lady and doesn't give you the romance dialog options. Theoretically, the brute force method for solving the problem would be to remove those conditionals from the .dlg file, which would make the game always offer you those dialog options. I've been trying that for the last hour or so to no success, but my testing method isn't very vigorous, so it's possible that I'm just doin' it wrong.

The ideal solution, though, would be to figure out what the k_psta_bastrom script actually says, and recompile it in a way that accounts for the rest of the mod. That's way beyond my skill level, unfortunately, but if Master Kavar or anyone else wants to take a crack at it I'd be eternally grateful. :thmbup1:

Oh, and shakduhn - third question, that's not an issue at all. You can romance Carth, Bastila, and Juhani all at once if you like.

Second question, judging from the .dlg file, it should be entirely possible, but you've gotta pick just the right dialog options. "How do I know you won't betray me," or something to that effect, is the parent question.

Edit: here's a quick Star Forge fix - just drop those in the Override folder and it ought to clear up the failure to call dialog, without calling that dialog for players who haven't pursued the romance. And if I'm reading the swg_bastila20 script right, this may help with that romance bug when you try to talk to Basty after the kiss. No permanent hosting until I'm sure of that, though, because otherwise this is just an unauthorized patch.

• 1 month later...
Assuming anyone is still reading this...

I've been poking at this myself. The mod doesn't touch the Star Forge dialog at all AFAICT, so what you're getting when you confront her there is the default game behavior. Which is an enormous shame, because that's half the love story right there.

Now, it appears that what the game is actually doing when you have that talk with Basty is running a script called k_psta_bastrom, or, on one occasion, k_psta_bastromn; if that script returns false, the game decides you're not romancing the lady and doesn't give you the romance dialog options. Theoretically, the brute force method for solving the problem would be to remove those conditionals from the .dlg file, which would make the game always offer you those dialog options. I've been trying that for the last hour or so to no success, but my testing method isn't very vigorous, so it's possible that I'm just doin' it wrong.

The ideal solution, though, would be to figure out what the k_psta_bastrom script actually says, and recompile it in a way that accounts for the rest of the mod. That's way beyond my skill level, unfortunately, but if Master Kavar or anyone else wants to take a crack at it I'd be eternally grateful. :thmbup1:

Oh, and shakduhn - third question, that's not an issue at all. You can romance Carth, Bastila, and Juhani all at once if you like.

Second question, judging from the .dlg file, it should be entirely possible, but you've gotta pick just the right dialog options. "How do I know you won't betray me," or something to that effect, is the parent question.

Edit: here's a quick Star Forge fix - just drop those in the Override folder and it ought to clear up the failure to call dialog, without calling that dialog for players who haven't pursued the romance. And if I'm reading the swg_bastila20 script right, this may help with that romance bug when you try to talk to Basty after the kiss. No permanent hosting until I'm sure of that, though, because otherwise this is just an unauthorized patch.

I'll download and give this a run through... I've a game where I haven't gotten my second star map, and haven't completed Bastila's side quest yet. Should be okay... I'll post my findings as soon as I can. If... anyone is still paying attention to this thread...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm getting the Sith party bug on Taris where Sarna and Co. don't fall over drunk and you get the passcard instead.

Does anyone have working links for the fix for this bug? If not, can someone send me the fix?

Note: I install The Romancing of Bastila first.

• 1 year later...
I'm getting the Sith party bug on Taris where Sarna and Co. don't fall over drunk and you get the passcard instead.

Does anyone have working links for the fix for this bug? If not, can someone send me the fix?

Note: I install The Romancing of Bastila first.

I tried it out myself, and got the passcard. However, nothing stopped me from walking right over to the backpack, and getting the Sith Armor from it. Which is how it goes usually, save for the attendees at the party falling over drunk. As for a fix, I wouldn't know how to fix that.

have a working link to this file?

Or can somebody Upload this file?

I used the Kotorfiles link, and it works fine.

Archived