Home

More ranting about last level

Yeah, so as I can see I'm not alone in my hatred of this level. I've spent most of today struggling with saving bunnies and having to turn the sound off because the whiney voice was making me want to put a fist through my monitor, 'MY FACE' was only funny the first time, not the 2nd or indeed the 75,000th.

Now I'm stuck trying to fight the coach's dad. I know I have to run up his arm, but as far as I can tell I then have to jump onto his shoulder to hit his head. I've managed it a few times but almost always end up falling off, sliding down his back, hitting attack too early so I jump attack his head which stupidly does nothing or, most infuriating of all, just fall through him due to poor clipping. I've been doing this for hours now and have even resorted to borrowing a PS2 pad from my girlfriend to try using something other than the keyboard (I've got a PS2-USB adaptor).

Does anybody have any suggestions for a reliable way to climb the bloke? As at this point the game's become more annoying than any ending could be worth and, with the exception of Milla's dance party where I was also fighting the controls, I've really enjoyed it so far.

Yeah, so as I can see I'm not alone in my hatred of this level. I've spent most of today struggling with saving bunnies and having to turn the sound off because the whiney voice was making me want to put a fist through my monitor, 'MY FACE' was only funny the first time, not the 2nd or indeed the 75,000th.

Now I'm stuck trying to fight the coach's dad. I know I have to run up his arm, but as far as I can tell I then have to jump onto his shoulder to hit his head. I've managed it a few times but almost always end up falling off, sliding down his back, hitting attack too early so I jump attack his head which stupidly does nothing or, most infuriating of all, just fall through him due to poor clipping. I've been doing this for hours now and have even resorted to borrowing a PS2 pad from my girlfriend to try using something other than the keyboard (I've got a PS2-USB adaptor).

Does anybody have any suggestions for a reliable way to climb the bloke? As at this point the game's become more annoying than any ending could be worth and, with the exception of Milla's dance party where I was also fighting the controls, I've really enjoyed it so far.

A controller is the only way to go in playing this game. PC keyboard controls just don't cut it. I found that out the hard way.

As for climbing the Boss, I used a Levitation bounce to get me up onto his arm as high as possible and then run the rest of the way so I can severely ground pound his head. Yes, it's very difficult and very frustrating. The Psychonaut guide I read said not to use Levitation but I say use whatever you can to get up onto his arm as fast as you can. You run up his arm and sort of onto his shoulder/back then jump over his head to do the severe ground pound (the one where you build up energy) on his head.

You also have to make sure that when he chases you that you're not too far ahead of him. Precious time can be wasted if the distance is too far that you have to cover to run back to him to climb his arm.

What's ironic is that the next Boss you'll face is embarrassingly easy to beat in comparison.

Hang in there. You'll get it.

I've found that if you've ranked up enough to get an offensive levitation ball (one that hurts people all the time) you don't actually need to pound his head from the top, just running up to him with the levitation ball, jumping and aiming the ball for the head area should do the trick. It's sort of cheating, as you're not using his stuck arm, but it works.

Archived