Home

VOTE HERE FOR A 2D Monkey5!!

MonkeyFan

I wont buy MI 4 because it's in 3D and I wont buy MI 5 if it is too. So there. LucasArts is digging it's own grave right now. They need go to go back to the roots that made them huge in the first place, stop trying to compete with the others with this 3D nonsense, it's subtracting from the quality. I'm sure alot of you people raving for 3D weren't there in the beginning, crying with the best of us when those fireworks went off standing next to Elaine after spraying LeChuck with a bottle of root beer. Those were the days.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree entirely that there is no going back from 3D to 2D. Lucasarts also has to appeal to new buyers. Personally I would LOVE to see another Monkey Island in 2D, but that is only a nostalgic wish. Most people are disappointed due to the fact that Monkey Island has CHANGED. The atmosphere and the characters were so well drawn and conceived, because they focused and had to focus on story events and character development. I think 3D works for adventure games, but not for Monkey Island. Lucasarts should quit making new Monkey Sequels and create another adventure that fits to 3D. I think Indiana Jones would look great in 3D as a classic adventure game(not action). If people feel like 2D was better I can only suggest to play again M1 and M2. You can never get bored of them. So that is just my opinion. Thanks for reading this smile.gif

------------------

"We´d be honored if you would join us"(Darth Vader to Han Solo)

I agree entirely that there is no going back from 3D to 2D. Lucasarts also has to appeal to new buyers. Personally I would LOVE to see another Monkey Island in 2D, but that is only a nostalgic wish. Most people are disappointed due to the fact that Monkey Island has CHANGED. The atmosphere and the characters were so well drawn and conceived, because they focused and had to focus on story events and character development. I think 3D works for adventure games, but not for Monkey Island. Lucasarts should quit making new Monkey Sequels and create another adventure that fits to 3D. I think Indiana Jones would look great in 3D as a classic adventure game(not action). If people feel like 2D was better I can only suggest to play again M1 and M2. You can never get bored of them. So that is just my opinion. Thanks for reading this smile.gif

------------------

------------------

------------------

• 1 month later...
Guest Arnold Schwarzenegger

Read this:

Check the next message!!!

[This message has been edited by Arnold Schwarzenegger (edited September 29, 2001).]

Guest Arnold Schwarzenegger

You know there can be a MI-5 with 3D improved graphics!

Just because some of you guys don't have a cool computer that supports cool 3D graphics doesn't mean that you have to encourage the making of a old fashioned 2D game! Of course it would go faster! BUT there's absolutely no WAY LucasArts would make a 2D after a 3D!

NEVER!!! No respected company would make that!

------------------

No one shall escape the wrath of... THE EXTERMINATOR!!!!

c-000152-mp-000001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hmmm... I dont know... I mean I'd love to see a new 2D MI game but... I did like the 3D, and we all know LucasArts isn't gonna take a step backwards... 2 bad the more I think about it the more I like the 2D thing.

------------------

-Blaze Marley-Flamestrike

Blaze@monkeymug.com

AIM: Chocobo Blaze

Neopets: perbulbadash

Monkey Mug.com The Monkey Island Fan Site

http://www.monkeymug.com

"What kind of word is flume anyway? FLUME, FLUME.... FLUME..." - Guybrush Threepwood

Simply put...why not make it both in 2D and 3D? A bit like the new Grand Theft Auto 3 game. With 3D being the general/default and then have the possibility to change it into 2D? wink.gif

Would be amazing, if it could be done properly smile.gif

------------------

"..look..a three-headed monkey.."

Archived