Home

Any mods that make dueling more powerful? (KOTOR)

mongerman

Sorry bout putting this in the wrong thread. I meant making single style more pwerful other then the +3/+3 given by duelling...can anyone edit the feat?

The functioning of most feats is hardcoded in the game engine and cannot be modified. You can use scripts to check for if a character knows a feat and if so apply effects to them. (But doing this in a seamless way for "always active" feats is very hard, since you need to run the script from somewhere and continually maintain the effects if they get dispelled by the game.)

I guess that would work to. I'm working on locking equipment slots for my current project (And could I mention that the lack of hints is purposeful, and no amount of questioning will get me to unviel anything :D)...

Also, Master Kavar... that avatar is quite scary to look at when you are the last person in a dark office at nine-thirty at night.

Can appearance-changing scripts be attached to weapons? That's the only way I know how to get slots locked or unlocked on the same character, have multiple versions in appearance.2da and have a script switch them under different circumstance (I've only done it for Mandalore through dialogue though.)

If it's just for yourself, you could make an armband that requires Master Dueling or something that would give stat bonuses...figure if you're a single-saber purist, you wouldn't decide to cheat, right? :)

As for new head mods, yesh, there are lots of them.

I guess that would work to. I'm working on locking equipment slots for my current project (And could I mention that the lack of hints is purposeful, and no amount of questioning will get me to unviel anything :D)...

I don't know much about that kind of thing, but couldnt you make lightsaber like a stun baton? They only allow one attack but lock the off hand when equipped.

Also, Master Kavar... that avatar is quite scary to look at when you are the last person in a dark office at nine-thirty at night.

You're actually the second person to say so now. I thought it looked sexy, but others find it scary. >.>;

I don't know much about that kind of thing, but couldnt you make lightsaber like a stun baton? They only allow one attack but lock the off hand when equipped.

You'd have to add a new base item type for single-hand sabers with the weaponwield column set to 1. This would result in the off-hand being unavailable while the saber was equipped, however those sabers would use the "sluggish prodding" combat animations of the stun baton rather than the graceful swings of a lightsaber. That would look a bit funny. :)

They also wouldn't count as lightsabers as far as Force Jumping is concerned, since it uses a fixed set of base item types to determine if a jump is allowed, and if you just change the weaponwield of the standard lightsabers they couldn't be dualwielded any more (and you'd probably break Nihilus/DMalak since they fight with a normal lightsaber and I doubt they have any stun baton combat animations).

You're actually the second person to say so now. I thought it looked sexy, but others find it scary. >.>;

You wouldn't find it at least a little scary to encounter a half-naked, blood-red, viciously tatooed from top to toe twilek female glaring evilly at you when alone in a dark office? :)

Is there no way to just lock the equipment slot, and still have the normal saber animations, even if it meant creating new "Duelling Lightsabers"?

OFF TOPIC: I'm glad that stoffe saw my point of view with the scary red twilek. Soon after my last post i turned the computer off and went home... [those eyes... those scary, scary eyes...]

Is there no way to just lock the equipment slot, and still have the normal saber animations, even if it meant creating new "Duelling Lightsabers"?

Not as far as I am aware (but I don't know everything so that's not to say it's necessarily impossible :)).

To my knowledge there are only two ways to lock the item slots. One is dependant on the appearance type used by the character since it's set in appearance.2da as mentioned above.

The other is to use a weapon wield type that prohibits use of the off-hand weapon slot (like the stun baton or doublebladed weapons), but this has the side effect of changing the stance and what type of combat animations are used with the weapon.

So is there a way to create a feat called "Dueling Mastery" which through a script grants an additional bonus to single melee weapon wielding but forever after locks the character from using two handed weapons? Would be an ugly fix, but could be worth looking into.

So is there a way to create a feat called "Dueling Mastery" which through a script grants an additional bonus to single melee weapon wielding but forever after locks the character from using two handed weapons? Would be an ugly fix, but could be worth looking into.

Not directly. You might be able to make something that produces a similar effect when playing, though it'd require a huge workaround to make it work: Add a new feat to the feat.2da file. To lock the off-hand slot you'd need to copy all the player appearances in appearance.2da to make an equipment slot locked version of each.

You could make a creature hide UTI to hold the bonuses the feat should grant (this may not work for all types of effects though). Then you could have a script running from the party AI that checks for the presence of that feat on a character, and looks what they have in their creature hide slot. If they don't have the special hide, spawn it in their Hide inventory slot and switch their appearance type to the slot-locked version corresponding to their current appearance type.

(As an alternative if the hide won't work with the effects you need you could make a special "spell" that applies the effects the feat should grant, and then have the AI script make sure this spell is in effect on the character at all times when they have the feat.)

What about taking a double lightsabre model and removing one of the blades... is that possible?

You can remodel a double-bladed saber to have one blade, but it would still act like it wad doublebladed. I.e. you'd have a rather peculiar stance and way of swinging the weapon, and you'd still be considered to be dual-wielding by the game.

this might be silly but.

HOW did they block Kreias off hand? wouldn't that do it?

Make an armband or implant (would prefer armband) that requires the Master Dueling Feat. but once worn applies the script or whatever that is used for Kreias off hand to be marked in red?

have no clue if its technically possible but if it is, that's the way I would do it.

just make the armband do something like +10 lightsaber damage + 10 blaster deflect (not sure if that is TOO powerufl)

Archived