Home

Removal of thing known as "T3".

Maxstate

Right now you can slash at gunners and block their shots at the same time.

It's unrealistic and not ever seen in a starwars game other than JA, even Battlefront 2 has jedi vulnerable when slashing.

I think we should do it differently too.

I and Vruki just tested it out on both dodging and non-dodging gunners and killing them is far too easy. It takes a click of a mouse button AT MOST to kill a gunner, once you get upclose you have more chance of your deflected shots killing him than anything else.

I want this either changed or removed, without it it's still very easy to kill gunners, even multiple ones with the current speed at which you can strafe-dodge shots.

I had a few ideas that could make it bette (note this is all with full saber attack and defense)r:

1: Only block shots while slashing if you're WALKING and slashing a gunner. If you run and slash and someone shoots you you should get hurt.

2: Take something from JO: You can only block the bolts that your saber hits while you slash. So essentially you would have to synchronise your slashes with the position the bolts are going to hit you in order to block them.

You slash at a gunner with a top to bottom slash for example if he aims at your head. (Very hard but extremely balanced)

3:Remove it all together. If gunners are going to have no or limited dodging capabilities it's already very easy to kill them. I killed Vruki with a single slash and kept 99% dodge andd 98% force when he had no dodge. He was about 6 feet away. Now imagine if the gunner is able to shoot and hit you while you slash, he would have more of a chance that way because of the knockback guns create. Still the chance of killing you is minimal; there wasn't a case in which I couldn't kill a gunner because if I can't do it by saber I use force powers to assist me which makes it EVEN EASIER.

I want it to be fully removed, or better yet, use Idea #2. I would love to see myself using actual skill when I want to kill gunners. If I time my slash correctly and use the right one I can still kill them with one slash and without ever getting phased. Though I had another idea, instead of hitting your HP directly maybe the bolts should force you to dodge if you manage to miss them with your saber. This way it's still realistic, movie-like and it still requires skill to kill gunners?

Please do something about it.

Why don't we try that, then? Just make it so that if you are mid-swing, deflecting shots puts you in the appropriate block/deflect animation and cancels your attack (unless the shot happens to hit the saber where it already is). Naturally, it would cost you DP, and if you're running, it would cost twice as much.

Why don't we try that, then? Just make it so that if you are mid-swing, deflecting shots puts you in the appropriate block/deflect animation and cancels your attack (unless the shot happens to hit the saber where it already is). Naturally, it would cost you DP, and if you're running, it would cost twice as much.

Because of what I just said; it's really hard to hit jedi with most weapons while they're charging at you. They're just too quick. If you want I can show you ingame.

Archived