Home

[TSL] Telescoping double-bladed sword request

Char Ell

I don't like the way double-bladed swords work in KotOR and TSL. I just can't picture running around with that type of weapon all the time.

Are there any modders out there interested in creating a telescoping double-bladed sword? I'm thinking of something like a hybrid between a quarterstaff and double-bladed sword. Or I guess something more like a double-bladed lightsaber. The blades only come out when you need them or want them to.

Ideally I would like to have two of ChAiNz.2da's Darkswords welded together at the pommels (with his permission of course) and then instead of always having the blades fixed in an extended position the new double-bladed Darksword would use the telescoping animation used by the quarterstaff, Handmaiden's staff, etc.

I'm not sure how feasible all this is but I thought I would ask and see what kind of response I got. :)

Not sure about the telescoping part.. but welding my darkswords together wouldn't be a problem (in theory).. as far as the model goes. However I should note that it was built from a saber base so if anyone wants to attempt it, just keep that in mind. The 'steel' blade is just a model extension into where a lightsaber blade would normally be.. (hence the pulsing light color) ;)

I wouldn't mind doing it, but I honestly just don't have the time to mod at the moment. I'm in the 3 month "marketing madness" phase here at work so on weekends (my time off) it's mostly spent on work as well :(

As far as permissions go, by all means anyone is more than welcome to attempt the mod using my models. "Permission Granted" as the saying goes.. hehehe :)

If you need the MAX files (version 7 I think), just PM me and I'll see if I can dig them out of my archives... I think I still have them after my system meltdown.. :fist:

I don't like the way double-bladed swords work in KotOR and TSL. I just can't picture running around with that type of weapon all the time.

Are there any modders out there interested in creating a telescoping double-bladed sword? I'm thinking of something like a hybrid between a quarterstaff and double-bladed sword. Or I guess something more like a double-bladed lightsaber. The blades only come out when you need them or want them to.

Ideally I would like to have two of ChAiNz.2da's Darkswords welded together at the pommels (with his permission of course) and then instead of always having the blades fixed in an extended position the new double-bladed Darksword would use the telescoping animation used by the quarterstaff, Handmaiden's staff, etc.

I'm not sure how feasible all this is but I thought I would ask and see what kind of response I got. :)

The sith assassins weapons are telescoping melee weapons, perhaps someone could use them as a starting point, resking the thing thicker and reskin the extensions as blades, will that work?

Yep. Sounds good to me. :)

I've got no graphics/modeling skills to speak of so are you volunteering, ViperSkeele? ;)

I wouldn't mind doing it, but I honestly just don't have the time to mod at the moment. I'm in the 3 month "marketing madness" phase here at work so on weekends (my time off) it's mostly spent on work as well
Ah, yes. The crazed shopping period known as "The Holidays" fast approaches. :D I understand completely. Thanks for granting permission to use your Darksword model though as I really like it. :nod: Also, the Darksword already has a switch to lend it that extra touch of realism for telescoping blades. :D

Archived