Home

"New Item" filter for KOTOR II

Sir Vougalot

In KOTOR I, one of the great things for me was the ability to view your inventory in "New Items." Being obsessive compulsive, I would open this option and keep pressing the "down" button to briefly highlight them all as I scrolled threw so that my inventory icon would no longer be flashing.

KOTOR II give us many great additional filters in the Items menu, but no "New Item" option. Now I'm forced to open each category, find all the new items, highlight them, and click out to stop the blinking icon. I was thinking that where the "Filter" sign is--which is not really a button but a place holder--the "All" button could be placed there, and in place of where the "All" button was by default, the "New" button may now be placed.

Here is a screen shot to illustrate what I mean:

modidea.jpg

Can it be done?

Actually if there is some of the hard coding left in the game from Kotor 1 that can be done, and scince I am pretty sure that they bascially took Kotor 1 and just added some new hard coding and a new GUI interface it should be pretty easy to remake the new items slot in the equipment GUI. But that is just a theory, I could be wrong but if I am right you could definatly do it!:D

P.S.:Also I thought it was alright to edit the GUI's just not the hard coding?

Oh yeah and Welcome to LF fasokp:waive1:

Archived