Home

Longsabers, anyone? [K2]

Ztalker

Hello there...

Intro

I tried to make this mod already, but I suck at it. (Really? Yah...really)

Mods, sorry for the spam done (I also made a request regarding a robe) in the mod request section.

I have recently joined a Kendo-training club, which inspired me to ask for the following mod for Kotor 2:

LONGSABERS

Searching around:

Fighting with a katana is...hard. It requires balance, and absolutely 2 hands. The Tanto is more lightsaber-ish, and can be wielded with one hand. (tried to practise with the katana using 1 hand, ended up with a hole in the ceiling)

I've searched around a bit, and the closet thing I found were the Segan Wynd sabers (but I they're still 1-handed) and Elderron's Greatsabers, which I find a bit...too large :xp: (No offense Elderron). I apolagise if this mod has already been made. I couldn't find it. (Even followed links from JumpstationZ, 'Where to find mods' thread etc.)

Motivation:

When I see Revan's Scorpion (makashi) stance scene at the beginning of Kotor 1, the coolness of just abnormal.

Same goes for the longsabers of other NPC's. They are just a bit cooler.

Plus, the age-old discussion about duelling/dual wielding will be settled. Duelling will then have it's advantages too, which is especially handy for those role-playing people like myself, who can't stand wielding 2 blades or a double-bladed saber out of roleplay reasons. :)

What I'd like to see:

Actually the same Elderron did. slightly larger lightsabers that require 2 hands to wield. Damage will of course be a bit better. If it would be possible, It would be cool if they'd work with the normal upgrades and crystals too.

Imo, they mahe even replace the shortsabers, like Elderron has done. (Since dual wielding will still be strong using 2 normal sabers.)

Pics, info

400px-Revanconfronted.jpg

Dual-phase Lightsaber — Multiple crystals allowed the user to switch between two blade lengths in battle with the dual-phase saber. It was a quite common lightsaber type both in the Old Jedi Order and the New Jedi Order. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader wielded such a lightsaber, as did, for example, Exar Kun, Micah Giett, Gantoris, and Corran Horn.

Longsaber Vader (notice the lenght)

300px-The_New_Dark_Lord.jpg

Normal Saber Vader:

210px-Lukevaderrotj7.jpg

Now you decide what's cooler :)

CorranHornVersusShedaoShai.JPG

Convincing

I know this could be considered nagging, but I am the type of uy that plays a duelling Jedi in Kotor 2, because they do it in the movies too. The problem is, you get forced to use dual wield by the game, since it is concidered far more efficient. (Especially with the feats of the Weapon Master)

So, could someone please make a mod like this?

Thanks in advance,

Ztalker

I think this has been requested a couple times already; it's a great idea, but I believe it can't be done because there's no way to lock the off-hand while holding the long saber.

Although since you're requesting the mod for your own role playing purposes, you could just make the long saber stronger than normal and pretend that your using both hands...

The offhand can be locked but it requires editing appearance.2da (or maybe baseitems?) so that no single bladed lightsabers can be held in one hand. I don't know about the feasability, but could a new line be added to have a new item type and then copy everything except for the offhand usability. Could anyone comment on whether or not this can be done?

I don't mind if it uses 1 hand. The animations while using a single blade look cool enough, even for a longer saber.

I'd just like to see some new lightsaber which just 'require' the usage of 2 hands, like with a double-bladed lightsaber, and deal slightly more damage.

That way, duelling will be 'good' again...:)

I hope you get this made, I'd use it too

See, guys? We need those sabers! :xp:

Archived