Home

Someone please help me....

JKLE_Cougar

This has been bugging me for the longest time there has to be a fix out there somewhere and i have asked everwhere else you guys are my last hope!!!!!! There are a few problems here with JK and MotS so any ANY help will be greatly apprciated!!!!

I recently did a dual boot on my machine with Windows XP and Me. JK and MotS work great on Me except i cant play online with MotS and only MotS it says that the IP service is not available on XP however JK and MotS don't work very well but both can go online. the problem is that every time i try to run JK and MotS it says that i need to install direct x 5 even though I have Direct X 9.0c. So i installed 5 and nothing, I reinstalled 9 and different versions of 9 and still nothing, i even reinstalled my graphics card drivers and still the same message. Finally i tried re-installing JK and MotS and that still didn't work. I have been getting around it by just using the JK.exe and JKM.exe but the graphics will only be 8 bit causing poor game play. Please tell me there is a way to fix this it is really starting to annoy me. Here is my system info...

Dual Boot Windows XP and Me

Pentium III 933 MHz

512 MB ram

Nvidia GeForce MX4000 (128MB)

Direct X 9.0c installed

I will even post pictures to show you what i am going through:

This is what it looks like on XP:

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n127/xMasterKatarnx/01.png

as you can see the textures arent smooth :?

This is what came up when i opened direct X on both OS/s too:

XP:

XPInfo.png

Me:

MeInfo.png

this is all the info i can give at this time some one please help meeee!!!!!!!

-Andrew

The only thing i can say, is that microsoft doesnt recommend using 2 operativ systems, but microsoft made it avalible anyway.

There might be something else with the files that can be confused if you have 1 operativ system on one harddrive and the other on the other harddrive which mots not to understand that it should look for its files on D: instead of C:.

Dont take me to seriously with D drive and C drive, its just a bad though that hit me with a large hammer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived