Home

I was just wonderin..

General_Listeri

So does anyone really know if theres gonna be a grim fandango movie, or a sequal to the game? when i finished the game about 3 years ago and went to the site, i thought it said something about a game, trouble in paradise, but nothing since. and i saw a thread about a movie and a game, but it stopped a few months ago. anyone know whats goin on?

There is pretty much zero chance of a sequel or movie happening I'm afraid. :(

The guy who wrote Grim Fandango and most of his team left LucasArts many years ago and set up Double Fine (whose first game was Psychonauts; you should definitely check it out). In addition, LucasArts has completely withdrawn its support for adventure games and indeed cancelled its last two known to be in development a few years ago; the cancelled games were Sam & Max 2 and Full Throttle 2.

As LucasArts owns all rights to Grim Fandango, LucasArts has no interest in the genre, Grim Fandango didn't sell that well (though it certainly wasn't poor — they made a profit), the storyline didn't leave much room for a continuation, and it's been almost ten years since the game came out, I think we can safely say there won't be a sequel.

The movie nonsense that went on a few months ago was a proven hoax.

Sorry to put it on you like that; it's something most of us accepted long ago. Doesn't stop us from still loving the game and chatting about it though. :D

Let me use this chance to pimp the idea of GF fanfiction, here, for example. A few people have started writing sequels on their own, and there are some other great stories as well for those who are hungry for more GF content.

It's a pity the movie thing wasn't true, but at least it was provided amusement for a while. Last time I checked IMDB, some people were still arguing about it.

That's an interesting idea and one I'd support with all my heart, but I guess it would be some sort of suicide for the makers. After what he did in GF, it's downright impossible to make anyone symphatize with Nick. That could really hurt the game experience.

That said, I'm one of the two obsessed Nick lovers around here, so I'd buy that game. ;)

Archived