Home

NEEEED ANSWER

acb

You need to import both GLMs into your modeling package and do some manual editing: cut the head off and merge it with the body you want. Then you have to rig the whole thing, export it to .XSI, compile and pray that everything went fine...if so carcass should then spit out your new hybrid model.

Yeah its that easy.

Psyk0Sith

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I DO WRONG:

1)i import glm to 3ds max 6 (i am working with npc )

2)i edit some minor things (just move some vertex)

3)export to XSI (calling my new XSI file "ROOT")

4)put my ROOT.xsi in the c:\base\models\players\_humanoid\

(in the same folder i have: _humanoid.gla, assimilate.exe, carcass.exe, ModView.exe,

animations.cfg and animevents.cfg)

5)open assimilate.exe

6)click "preferences" and in graph "compiler" write "c:/base/models/players/_humanoid/carcass.exe"

7)graph "Quake dir" set as blank. ( i mean empty)

8)dont cahnge anything in graph "Enum File"

9)click >File then >Add files, select the _humanoid.gla from the base\models\players\_humanoid.

10)click B (appears window "save as" you know i dont know how to explain.. well.. progaram just wanted from me to enter name of new "car" file)

11)begins some dos process in which i get a message <press any key>(also have a error in this "dos process":"Error:vert <0> on mesh "stupidtriangle_off" has no weights)

12)after i <press any key> dos process closing andi recieve a warning:

"Process returned error:1

("c:\base\models\players\_humanoid\casrcass.exe-silent

C:\base\models|players|Untitled.car")

PLZ ANSWER WHAT I NEED TO DO AFTER STEP 3.

lol, you need to weigh the model to the skeleton, a very annoying process.

Then you have to rig the whole thing,

Rig means reseting the X-Form, aligning the model rotate angles to the stupidtriangle_off, setting up the hierarchy, and weighting the whole model properly (Or improperly, lol) to the skeleton.

You'll find everything you need in the Jedi Outcast/Academy section on Psych0 Sith's website.

Archived