Home

Star Wars Religion????????

Anakin Skywalker

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah but when the issues of morality and compassion come into play, they are qualities that are shown in all religions whether it be eastern philosophy or Christianity. Morality is reflective of Christian text it's just that more people pick up on the all powerful and loving God and the obedience to His Word.

Actually Lucas was trying to show the idea of symbiosis. It is a mechanism of survival that exists in the natural world so science people should know this. Eastern philosophy stresses the idea of working together as well as implied in Western religion. The midichlorian idea is to show that even the smallest of organisms can benefit the larger picture.

Actually Lucas was trying to show the idea of symbiosis. It is a mechanism of survival that exists in the natural world so science people should know this. Eastern philosophy stresses the idea of working together as well as implied in Western religion. The midichlorian idea is to show that even the smallest of organisms can benefit the larger picture.

Interesting idea. Though I think you're giving GL too much credit ;)

I could easily accept this as your interpretation of what GL was trying to express (since it was well versed, well thought out and a viable explanation :) ), but to me it seemed GL (himself) was "grasping" for an explanation of something that didn't need explaining in the first place. I've never known GL to express any kind of wisdom beyond comparisons between history and Star Wars fiction.. hehehe He's never been quite the one for words from what I've seen / heard.

The Force (to me) was this all mysterious 'energy' (for lack of an appropriate word) until the idea of hand-holding hippie bacteria came in to the picture. Something to me I opt to 'ignore' as it entirely destroyed the concept of the Force for me when viewing the movie :(

Not that I was any kind of religious zealot that took the Force as serious in any shape or form in RL, but I could see how the ideas and concepts portrayed by the Jedi and their ways could serve as a 'love thy brother/sister' kind of ideology.. but now to see it's all because of some blood bugs I'm sure brought some parishioners to their knees (and with any luck, out of their parent's basement) :xp:

I call em as I see em Chainz. I analyze stuff that has mythic orgins and philosophy all the time and well aware of the dangers of interpretation: it is always up for debate.

As to the midichlorians, I believe it was indicated that they are the middlemen. They continually speak to us, telling us the will of the Force. Qui-gon's words of course. Most people have described the Force as a nonentity, energy, like you, so in order to understand it, there needs to be someone to communicate for that nonentity. It's the same concept used in the Bible with the prophets and God.

Archived