Home

The Land That Once Was Paradise

"I've never been deep in the forests if thats what you're asking." Tiberius commented then hopped on his horse. "I will leave if you wish, but I cannot not help someone if I hear they are in trouble, or could be." He said now with a more valiant and guardian like tone.

((Roll with the punches? How would you like it if your character got called a liar? Still, you are right to a certain extent. But I do still retain the right to be grumpy.))

Tania shook her head. "Quite a boast, Master Elf," she said. "To know all who live in a forest as great as this?"

She scowled. "Make no mistake. I know where I spent most of my life and no amount of arrogance and self-righteousness on your part will make me deny truth."

((Well, until I got called a liar, I was enjoying this. For that reason, I'm unwilling to see it die so quickly and I'll let go of the liar thing... for now :) ))

Tania shot Tiberious a light smile. "Eager to quell any signs of a quarrel, are you?" Nodding slowly, she glanced at Kaildin. "The Elf wants a quiet forest. A quiet forest, he shall get. Once a month, I travel for a week. Perhaps that week shall be a few days early this month."

With that, she again turned her back to the group and set out along the edge of the forest.

((Oh stop your whining already))

The elf looked at the woman quite sharply before taking out a necklace and his bow. An arrow whisked throught air and emitted a thud when it sank into a young oak next to her. The necklace swung for a while before stopping and revealing two axes crossed with a wolf's head above them.

"If you are who you claim to be, you should know who does that belong to. Or who did it belong to before her disappearance" the elf said as he put his bow back and jumped on his horse, eyeing the rest of the group at the same so no trickery would take place.

Tania smiled slightly and said, "In human tongue, members of this band are called Wolftamers. They are devoted to a single goal, protecting and taming wolves." She cocked her head thoughtfully. "As to who this belonged to, only one of their number has vanished recently... and only she wore the insignia on a necklace. Marial."

Tekla watched the arrow fly across the air and hit the tree. After the conversation he thought to himself, Man I thought the wolf-tamers were only myth like Tiberius said, but now that one is living(or not?) still, it intrigued him. he then hooked his shield to the rope on the horse, and then dismounted his horse and asked Kalidin, "Kalidin You really lived out here, along with you others that said you did? I never knew that people actually lived out here. That's kinda why I haven't ever entered the forest, especially at night."

"There are many superstitions about the forest," Tania addressed Tekla. "Some of them are false; some are exaggerated. A few are even fully true. But people do live here. And we love our home more than any other place we've ever seen."

In her voice, it was clear that she spoke from experience, from a true love of the forest... a love only one who had truly lived there would be able to comprehend.

Archived