Home

[Fic] Evan Works // Prophecies of the Dark - Part I - Son of the Sith)

Edited: The ending of this chapter lacked creativity, since I was pretty tired and somewhat lazy at that time. The ending has been edited, and is ready for reading.

Chapter Seven:

The gigantic command ship called “the Echelon” came out of hyperspace. The large ship soared across deep space, without making a noise, but showing a sign of death. The metal seemed to be scarred and scratched, there were many signs of battle.

Admiral Kila walked down the long isle in the bridge. To the left and right there were many crew members of the ship, all were very busy and were paying their complete attention to the computer terminals in front of them. She came to the end of the isle, where the Dark Lord Oriaa was standing, looking out at the stars.

“You summoned me, mi lord?” she asked.

“Why has my ship came to a halt?” Darth Oriaa asked.

“There is a very large asteroid field ahead and--”

“Asteroids are of no concern of mine, fire upon them and wipe out the entire field.”

“But... mi – mi lord, the planet Coanre is near-by, along with it's eight moons. Wiping out the field will destroy the entire Coanre system.” she complained.

“Do you question my orders?” Oriaa asked.

“N – no, mi lord. I will do as you ask.” she stated firmly.

“Very well, you are dismissed, admiral.” Oriaa said. Kila turned around and walked back down the long isle. Her face was pale, and she had much grief in her eyes.

“Captain,” she began as she approached a uniformed man, “destroy the asteroid field.”.

“It will be done.” he replied. “Blasters enabled!”

Turrets came out from the Echelon, massive turrets with two cannons placed on each.

“Fire at the asteroids!” the captain commanded.

Immediately the turrets blasted white beams that compacted against the asteroids. Explosions burst out and the asteroids were virtually being destroyed. Oriaa watched as the fire flamed in space, stars being brightened as they reflected the fire. He turned his head to see a view of Coanre. The explosions gathered closer to the planet, and finally they both connected. Coanre burst out in large pieces, billions of living organisms died, but still there was much life. The planet separated itself into three pieces, all which would be considered as a new moon for the Coanre system. Oriaa was pleased.

“Continue the travel through hyperspace!” Admiral Kila demanded.

The Echelon raced through the fire, and vanished into unknown space.

“You're mine, carrier.” Oriaa said softly.

The sun felt warm to Beattrix, she stayed put for a moment and let the heat warm up her body. She looked around the fields that were in front of her, endless plains that looked beautiful. Kath hounds were parading the grass looking proud and humble. Cannoks and bomas and much more animals were wandering around, peacefully and carelessly. Beattrix loved the view.

“The Force is divided into four aspects: the light side, the dark side, the unifying Force, and the living Force. The light side of the Force is the facet aligned with good, benevolence, and healing. While the dark side of the Force is the element aligned with fear, hatred, and rage. The unifying Force essentially embraced space and time in it's entirety. The living Force deals with the energy of living things.” Hael said. “This is a famous quote to the Jedi, said by Master Lorn.”

Beattrix listened to every word Hael said. She was very interested in what he had to say about the Force, she wanted to learn more.

“To Jedi, Force is life and life is the Force. To Sith, the Force is their weapon and their servant. They manipulate the Force to their liking, and that is what gives them unique power.” Hael said.

“Is the dark side stronger?” Beattrix asked.

“No, the dark side and the light side are different points of view, different people will have different views of the Force.” Olan said.

“This is correct.” Hael agreed. “In your lifetime, there will be many opportunities to where you will be tempted to fall in darkness. Every Jedi has gone through such things, but it all depends on what choice you make. Do you want to follow the light and become a Jedi?”

Beattrix didn't hesitate in her answer, “Yes.” she said.

“Very well then, walk with me.” Hael said. Olan, Beattrix, and Master Hael walked into the fields where life could be felt. Trees and animals were everywhere, and Beattrix could feel them.

“The living Force is what binds all living things together. Such as that tree, and that cannok to the the west. Feel the bonds between us all, and embrace it. Sense the kath hounds as they bark and roar, listen to the trees as they bristle through the wind. Endure the bomas as they fight for food. All things are bounded together, showing life.” Hael explained.

“Fascinating.” Beattrix remarked.

The three of them continued to walk down through the fields, walking by many animals and creatures.

“All things are connected, as you and that kath hound are connected, so is everything else in the galaxy.” Hael said. Hael stopped talking, he sharply turned his head and looked toward the sky. He looked pale, obviously something was troubling him.

“Is something wrong, Master?” Olan asked.

“Beattrix..” Hael began. “Beattrix, go with Olan back into the academy.” Hael said.

“But wh-” Beattrix started to ask.

“Go, now!” Hael demanded.

“Beattrix, come on!” Olan said, he grabbed Beattrix by the arm and they both ran to the back entrance of the enclave.

Hael continued to look up the sky, he felt a presence of dark power. Hael could tell that this presence has tried to remain secret, it was fortunate that he sensed it. Hael quickly went back to the Jedi enclave, and headed for the Council Chambers.

Olan and Beattrix entered her room, and stayed put. Beattrix was very confused, as well as Olan, though he had a better idea of what was going on.

“What's happening?” Beattrix asked.

“I'm not sure. But it seems like you're in danger.” Olan said.

“In.. danger?” Beattrix asked.

“Can you not sense it? Someone is coming from afar, coming for you.”

“Now that you mention it... I can feel, something.” Beattrix said.

Dantooine was in view of the Echelon. The gigantic ship approached Dantooine slowly, still trying to remain secret to the Jedi.

“I fear they have sensed us. Continue our approach.” Darth Oriaa demanded.

Chapter Eight: Battle Plans

The Echelon was within the atmosphere of Dantooine, it began to pick up speed due to gravity. From the view of the Echelon, the Jedi academy could be seen, and bombed.

“Shall we fire upon the academy, sir?” Admiral Kila asked.

“Don't be foolish!” Oriaa snapped. “Keep the Echelon away from the academy, and do not fire one blast at the enclave, do I make myself clear? The Jedi may have noticed our presence, but it is vital they do not know where the Echelon is being landed. Tell your men to be stealthy.”

“Yes, mi lord.” Admiral Kila said, she turned around to meet Captain Xua waiting for orders. “Land the ship in a safe range from the enclave, and stay hidden.”

“It will be done.” Captain Xua said, he saluted Kila and turned to his crewmen.

“Your orders are to land the ship far from the academy, be stealthy, and try not to make any noise. Thrusters off.” the captain ordered.

The Echelon swiftly floated across the sky and headed into the forests north of the enclave. As the Echelon landed, the trees completely covered it's presence.

“What's your next course of action?” Kila asked Oriaa.

“The Jedi are aware we are here, but they are slow in planning defenses. Gather your soldiers, all of them.” Oriaa demanded.

“As you wish.” Kila replied.

“Well who do you think it is?” Laen asked.

“To my best knowledge I think it was the Dark Lord Oriaa that I sensed.” Hael asnwered.

“Are you positive Hael?” Arrano asked.

“Of course I am! I would not mistake my old master's presence!” he asnwered.

“Then we have much to do.” Talo said. “No doubt he has came for Beattrix.”

“Agreed, we must keep Beattrix safe.” Laen said.

“But where shall we keep her?” Hael asked.

“Underground, in our training areas.” Arrano recommended.

“Yes, that'll do. We will enable security lock down, this should keep her safe from Oriaa.” Talo said.

“What if the Dark Lord kills us and reaches to Beattrix?” Hael asked.

“This will not happen, not even the famous Darth Oriaa can defeat all of us Jedi.” Laen said.

“There is no place I can think of that Oriaa has traveled without his army. They are definitely here with Oriaa.” Hael said.

“Then we will have to be extra careful.” Laen sighed. “Talo, go sound the alarm. Get all of the Jedi to meet in the back halls.”

“Understood.” Talo said, as he ran out the door.

“Hael, go tell Beattrix on what's happening. Guide her to the training grounds. When she's there, contact Arrano on you're com link so he can enable the security system.” Laen commanded.

“Right.” Hael said as he swiftly walked out the door. Arrano walked over to the master terminal, which was luckily right there in the Council Chambers.

“Be sure you only enable the security system when Hael contacts you.” Laen demanded.

“It will be done as you ask.” Arrano said.

Laen ran out of the room, as the alarm has just been enabled. Talo's voice could be hear from the distance:

“Jedi of the Enclave! The Dark Lord Oriaa is here! Meet together at the back halls, hurry!”

Instantly many Jedi began to swift through the enclave, all heading for the back halls. In minutes all of the Jedi were gathered there, except for Beattrix and Olan would were still in their room scared and confused.

Hael opened the door, Beattrix jumped at the fast movement of the door, but she quickly calmed down seeing it was Master Hael.

“Master, what is going on?” Olan asked.

“A Sith Lord is coming for Beattrix!” Hael said panting, he was catching his breath as he was old and had to hurry to get to Beattrix's room.

“What?!” Beattrix and Olan both yelped simultaneously.

“Beattrix, Olan, there is no time to explain! Olan get to the back halls! Beattrix, follow me!” Hael ordered.

Olan looked pale and shocked that Master Hael would separate Olan from Beattrix, especially when he was needed to protect her.

“You will be protecting her by going to the back halls Olan, now!” Hael said as though he read Olan's thoughts.

“Right away.” Olan said. He turned to Beattrix. “Be safe.”

Beattrix didn't know what to say, she simply looked at Olan as he exited the room.

“Beattrix... now!” Hael screamed as he awaited for her to follow him. Beattrix walked out the room, not even bothering to close the door behind her.

Darth Oriaa was the first to exit the Echelon, along with hundreds of soldiers behind him. Standing next to him were Admiral Kila and Captain Xuga. Xuga looked ready for the mission ahead, while Kila still had a questioning look on her face.

“Are you sure we will be able to break through the enclave's defenses? Many Sith have tried, and none have succeeded. The Dantooine Jedi Enclave is legendary for it's security and--” she began.

“Do not doubt my plans. We are not here to destroy the Jedi Enclave, we are here to capture the Sith Carrier, the young Beattrix is her name.” Darth Oriaa said.

“Still, they will have this girl tightly secured, it will be difficult to--” she began, but was once again interrupted.

“I tire of your doubts. You can be certain the carrier will come to Lanqe with us in the Echelon.” Oriaa. “My apprentice has been under cover as a Jedi Master for quite some time, he will aid us in capturing the son's mother.”

Hael picked up the pace, he was almost running now, with Beattrix closely behind. Beattrix was sure not to ask any questions, she would have the chance for that later. She did not want to distract Hael from keeping her safe. She continued to follow Hael through the enclave.

Talo was done talking and planning with the Jedi. All the Jedi were now scattering to different positions, all had a straight look on their face. They were all very serious about keeping Beattrix safe, for all of them know as well as anyone about the Sith prophecy. The Jedi were scattered to different places, some were ordered to stay inside the academy, while others were ordered to await outside of the enclave.

“Are your soldiers ready to do my bidding?” Oriaa asked.

“We are all ready, mi lord.” Kila answered.

“Good.” Oriaa said longly. “Continue to the enclave, kill any who stand in your way.” Oriaa demanded.

At that being said Admiral Kila and Captain Xuga began to walk forward, as long as the hundreds of soldiers behind them. Oriaa stood in the same spot, standing and watching as his followers stormed off to cause destruction, joy to Oriaa's methods.

“This day, belongs to the Sith!” Oriaa sharply spoke.

Chapter Nine:

The Jedi of the enclave could hear the faint foot steps of the Sith soldiers approaching them from afar. They could all sense the dark energy provided by Darth Oriaa. Some Jedi were confident, and determined to help save Beattrix. While others were scared and wished to flee. But all of the Jedi shared this in common; they were ready to defend themselves from the Sith. Each Jedi's lightsaber was ignited. Different combinations of colors could be seen: colors of green, blue, purple, yellow, silver, cyan, and even orange.

All the sounds stopped, the Jedi stared into the forest, seeing nothing but darkness. Without any notice blaster could be heard blasted, and white and red beams of lasers came rushing out of the trees threatening to kill. At the start a handful of Jedi were already killed, or badly injured, but soon all of the Jedi were battle-ready and deflected each blast coming toward them.

Finally figures could be seen coming out of the trees, men in uniforms of black and gray, all with evil looks and intentions on their faces. Red lightsabers were seen ignited in the forest, and to the Jedi's surprise Dark Jedi flew out from the air and began striking down their opponents. The Jedi were beginning to abandon hope as more and more of their numbers lowered. And as more and more of their numbers continued to come from the trees.

Olan was one of the lucky Jedi, who was positioned inside of the enclave, but Olan felt much grief for all of his Jedi companions who were fighting, and dying. He also feared for Beattrix, things weren't looking good. Besides Olan were six other Jedi, all who had their lightsabers ignited, and looked very scared. Olan was as well scared, he could not hide it. His face was as pale as a Dark Lord's could be. But he was still confident that the Dark Lord would be defeated... and Beattrix would be safe.

Beattrix was underground, and she could still hear the screams of dying Jedi and Sith. She of all people, was most frightened. And she had the right to be scared.

Hael finally spoke. “Do not be worried, you will be safe from the Sith here.”

Beattrix wasn't convinced, but she trusted that this was the Jedi's best security. Hael and Beattrix both came to a magnetically-sealed door, with a terminal near-by. Hael went up to the terminal and turned the power on. The screen turned a bright white and then blackened. It showed this message:

“Password_”

“Crem-ta's Teachings” Hael spoke the ancient password. The computer screen once again turned bright white, and once again it blackened. It showed:

“Welcome Master Hael.

Voice Print ID:

Master Arrano

Master Belek (now passed)

Master Hael

Master Juac Oaks [absent from the enclave (on planet Lanqe)]

Master Laen

Master Mola (now passed)

Master Noma (now passed)

Master Crem-ta (now passed)

Master Talo

Master Aen [absent from the enclave (on planet Lanqe)]

Master Kina (now passed)

Master -------- (deleted content)

Options:

Edit the Voice Print ID user's list

Delete a user from the list

Open door via accessed code”

Hael chose the third option b using the terminal, and the door opened to reveal a semi-short hall way, which was long enough to hold about 50 people in. At the end of the hall was another magnetically-sealed door and another terminal. Beattrix felt a little better about her safety. Hael and Beattrix both walked over to the second terminal, and Hael began to enable the computer's power.

Masters Talo and Laen both were deflecting blasters and striking down opponents back-to-back. Both were fighting at a top-level, and were worthy of calling themselves 'Masters'.

“Take out the Council members!” Kila demanded as she pointed at Talo and Laen. Two Dark Jedi came up from behind Kila, and ignited their purple lightsabers. This command apparently received Talo's attention. He jumped through the the air deflecting any shots blasted toward him and landed in front of the Sith. With his double-bladed blue lightsaber ready for battle, Talo launched toward them, instantly killing one. The other was a little tougher to fight though, he blocked every attack Talo gave to him, and managed to skin Talo's face, leaving a burnt-like scar.

Kila raised her gun to point and Talo, and she blasted a loud sounding energy. The beam was blocked by Talo's lightsaber, and reflected to the Sith who was blasted in the chest. The Sith fell over from the impact, and slowly began to die.

“Damn!” Kila said feeling stupid.

Blaster shots seemed to be focusing on Jedi Master Laen Marr. Laen kept on deflecting the shots with her two green lightsabers, but eventually she grew tired. Eventually the blaster shots connected to her body, and Laen was killed instantly.

Talo looked over at Laen who was dead on the floor.

“NOOO!” he screamed. He suddenly felt a great pain and fell to the ground. He foolishly let his guard down, and was at last shot by Admiral Kila.

Olan and the other Jedi accompanying him could feel all of the losses. They could sense the pain their friend's were going through, and the death which were being caused by the Sith. Eventually, and sadly, all sounds of battle quited. No blasters were being shot, but no sound of humming came from the Jedi's lightsabers.

“No..” Olan spoke out loud.

Pounding could be heard knocking on the door, explosions from mines and blasting from rifles. The Sith were about to infiltrate the Jedi Enclave, which has never been done before.

“If only Juac and and Aen were here, we might have been able to--” one of the Jedi began, but was clearly interrupted by Olan.

“We can stop them now! Do not give up hope!” Olan shouted. He looked at the other six Jedi who were all trembling. Olan admitted to himself, that he as well has lost all up.

The door flew across the hall, coming fast toward the Jedi. Olan reached his arm out and stopped the door in mid-air, he released the Force and instantly it fell to the ground causing a loud boom which echoed through-out the academy.

Hael stopped entering commands into the terminal, he heard explosions and booming coming from within the enclave. He fastened his pace, and entered the commands for the terminal rushed. The screen went black and showed another message for Hael to read:

“Password_”

“Noma's Ways.” Hael spoke clearly. The screen went static and let out a loud noise. After seconds, the screen again turned black.

“Password incorrect.”

Hael was confused entirely.

“Noma's Ways!” he shouted back to the computer. The terminal went through the same stages last time, static, the noise, and then back to the black screen.

“Password incorrect.

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

Unidentified user. Security lock down initiated.”

“What the hell?” Hael spoke in anger as he turned around to see the door which he came from close.

Hael quickly reached for his com link inside his robes. He entered a code a hurried to speak into it.

“Arrano! Arrano, answer!” he shouted.

“Yes?” Arrano said in a mocking tone. Hael ignored it.

“Arrano, someone has changed the password to the second terminal. I need you to override the the security system. Arrano, disable the security system!” Hael demanded twice.

Beattrix grew as pale as ever, she waited impatiently for the security system to be overridden. But oddly, it didn't.

“You belong to the Sith, Beattrix.” Arrano said loudly from Hael's com link.

Beattrix froze, those words ran through her head, she was frightened. She let out a large scream and fell to her knees. Tears ran down her eyes as she moped.

Hael looked ferocious and puzzled. He looked to Beattrix.

“What in the hell do you think this is Arrano? A game?! Disable the security system, now!” Hael demanded.

“That's not going to happen Hael. My new master, Darth Oriaa, has specific orders to keep you two locked up there. The plan worked smoothly, you can tell my master is wise.” Arrano said.

“Arrano, I swear, when I get out of this you'll be sorry you crossed us! You'll be sorry you crossed me, your best friend!” Hael shouted.

“Friends are for the weak, Hael. You were never known as my friend. You were a pawn to finish Oriaa's puzzle, and my master has finally put all the pieces together.” Arrano said mocking his old friend.

“I can't believe what I'm hearing!” Hael shouted. “I'll see you dead!”

“We shall see. My master is coming for the carrier now, and you lack the skills necessary to defend Beattrix, or yourself for that matter.” Arrano laughed.

Five of the seven Jedi have been killed, leaving Olan and one of his friends, Waei, to be the last remaining Jedi that were standing between the enclave and the Sith. Olan and Waei were fighting to their full length, deflecting every shot blasted toward them. Striking down every Sith that dare try to pass them. But eventually the Sith grew too much for them to handle alone in a small hallway. The blaster shots eventually came through, and impacted to the chests of Olan and his companion.

Olan's visions were growing weary and blurry. He fell to his knees, then to the ground on his back. He watched helplessly as all of the Sith marched passed him. The last defense for Beattrix were the Jedi Masters Hael and Arrano. Silently in the back of his heart, he knew the Sith would win this battle. Olan glimpsed toward the door-less entrance, as his last sight being Darth Oriaa looking down pitifully at him. And then there came darkness.

Chapter Ten:

“Goodbye, my 'friend' Hael.” Arrano bantered. Hael said nothing in return. His face had a bewildered aspect, his fists firmed, squeezing his fingers together. He turned to Beattrix, who's condition was ten fold. Her legs were trembling, and her face was covered in tears.

“Beattrix!” Hael bawled. Beattrix gave her immediate protection. “I will protect you with my life!”.

She didn't have any time to reply. The sealed door flung open, showing Darth Oriaa with a crimson lightsaber ignited. Beattrix instantly fainted as Hael's silver lightsaber ignited to his brightest bark.

“Don't you dare come near her, Oriaa!” Hael shouted. Oriaa, who paid little attention to Hael, was focused on the Sith Carrier, Beattrix.

“Leave me be, old apprentice.” Oriaa calmly said.

“You don't have the right to call me by that title!” Hael shouted.

Oriaa looked at Hael sharply and swiftly, taking a step closer toward him.

“Am I not the one who taught you all you know? Am I not the one who stayed by you through the meaningless trials of the Jedi Knights? You automatically grant the title of apprentice in my eyes!” Oriaa snapped. The hand of the Dark Lord reached for the dark mask covering the face of evil. Oriaa's fingers clenched the mask, and removed it. Showing the face of a beautiful woman.

“I am your old master, Crem-ta, and you cannot hide it.” the voice of Oriaa has not changed, her words still echoed of many genders and races.

“You are not Crem-ta, but a dark spirit who has possessed her! Your words have no meaning to me!” Hael said.

Darth Oriaa removed her robes, indicating she was ready for battle.

“I feel no pity for the dead.” she mocked. Her lightsaber flung up to the air, standing by it's master's face.

“You will not win this fight! Even though you've unlocked the pathway to immortality in age, and your face resembles a thousand young women, you're still old. I'm more agile than you are. Prepare yourself!” Hael yelled.

Unexpected to Master Hael, Arrano walked up to Oriaa, with his red lightsaber also ignited.

“You...!” Hael enraged. Arrano simply smiled.

“Time passes, and apprentices come and go.” Oriaa said, smiling. “You were speaking of age, Hael? Arrano is a few years younger than you if I'm correct.”.

To Hael's fear, hundreds of Sith troops could be seen marching up the halls, with their blasters at the ready.

“And besides that point our numbers overpower you. You, cannot win!”she declared.

Hael watched as the massive squad of Sith soldiers came closer to the three of them. He was outnumbered, but he could still inflict some damage. He jumped through the air, hurtling toward Darth Oriaa. His lightsaber was inches away from burning through the Dark Lord's skin, but he was stopped.

“I've taught you not to get caught with the Force before... haven't I?” Oriaa smiled. “Arrano!” she demanded. Arrano gladly stepped forward with his lightsaber pointing toward the defeated Jedi Master. Without a goodbye, Arrano sliced through the neck of his old friend, leaving his body headless. Both Darth Oriaa and Arrano sealed their lightsabers.

Oriaa watched the head of the legendary Master Hael roll along the floor. “Well done.” she said. She walked over to the fainted Beattrix, and squatted down in front of her.

“Finally, you're mine.” she said.

One Day Later:

“Now that you have fertilized her eggs, what should we do with her?” Muay asked.

The High Council of the Sith were all standing around a long rectangular table, where Beattrix had been chained down to. All the Council members had grins on their faces, imagining the future in front of them. Darth Oriaa had her hand placed on the stomach of Beattrix.

“The way we created life within the carrier's body, using the Force, will speed up the creation of the Son. Meaning in about four or so months, she will be ready to deliver the baby.” Trimphro stated.

“A four month period is not that long, but we cannot risk having the carrier stay here on Lanqe. Remaining Jedi across the galaxy will assemble and army if they have to.” Opa said.

“Then shall we send her off to a remote planet? In the Outer Rim where only we will know of her location?” Apo asked.

“Yes, but to what planet?” Trimphra asked.

“It does not matter which. As long as it provides the life-giving terrains of ocean and plants. She is human, and needs things to survive like anything else in this galaxy. Her survival is vital to our success with the Son.” Muay said.

“Is having her in solitude wise, though? She will need help with common things, such as--” Opa was interrupted.

“I have brought another from the enclave.” Oriaa said. All of the council members paid attention to what she had to say. “A male human. We will make a new identity for the girl, and for this man. They shall think they have been married since as long as they can remember. And of course they will have no knowledge of the Force.”.

“Very good.” Muay agreed.

“Bring in the human!” Oriaa shouted. Instantly two masked men came through the door carrying a medical bed with a man on it. It was Olan.

“He is dead.” Oriaa stated. “Trimphra, spark life into this one's soul.”. The two men laid Olan down on the floor, and then left the room.

“Right away.” Lady Trimphra said as she walked toward the dead corpse of Olan. Everything seemed to be going as planned for the Sith. Their destiny as rulers of the galaxy was near.

“Our next course of action?” Apo asked.

“Destroy the Jedi.” Darth Oriaa spoke triumphantly.

The End!

Archived