Home

[Razputin's Domain] Psychonauts Explorer 1.3 released; also, happy 2007

Thrik

For the original version of this post, see the Razputin's Domain front page

Whoa! The first update of 2007 is upon us. Can you believe it'll be two years since Psychonauts' release in a few months? It only seems like yesterday I stepped through those gates into Whispering Rock for the first time and experienced what is a truly superb game. But seriously, time has flown way too quickly; if it were still 1990 we'd be on Psychonauts 3 by now!

razputin3.gif

To celebrate the new year and the growing age of a classic, Benny has released a brand new version of the incredibly useful Psychonauts Explorer, which as you're probably aware allows you to rip pretty much any content out of Psychonauts for later enjoyment; this includes the music and pictures used to decorate the world, plus all the concept art and whatnot. This new version does a whole stack of new stuff which is best summed up by Benny himself on our very own Razputin's Domain Forums (link goes to his thread).

In other news, you may have noticed that the site has remained fairly static for ages apart from the news, which has continued as promised. The reason for this is quite simply that I've not had the time recently to revamp the place as I planned, meaning that a lot of the content was written before the final game came out and as such is really outdated. This will be fixed before long, hopefully before Psychonauts' second birthday in April. I've pretty much completely settled into my new job now and am starting to properly balance various forms of leisure with an 11-hour working day (including preparation and travel). Tricky stuff!

Expect lots more general content about the game/characters/etc, a better FAQ, a revamped downloads section, solid storage for fan work, and more great stuff; you know, just like that enemies section above that never got beyond a few pages! In other words, a great place to steer your friends to when they say "Wtf is Psychonauts?" and you're finding it hard to make it sound as awesome as it is. In other words, something that can sit around for years and provide a service to new and old Psychonauts fans alike. Does it deserve anything less?

Archived