Home

Personal Item [minor K2 spoiler]

I was thinking random in terms of armband or belt or gloves so that each time you play its a bit different, I find it tedious always getting a +1 Constitution armband especially when I really want to have loads of sheilds. Not that its randomly different in its effect or value. It would still be useful to you no matter what your alignment or class.

I was thinking random in terms of armband or belt or gloves so that each time you play its a bit different, I find it tedious always getting a +1 Constitution armband especially when I really want to have loads of sheilds. Not that its randomly different in its effect or value. It would still be useful to you no matter what your alignment or class.

Oh, that Personal Item...Hm.

How about you get a different item according to what Prestige Class you aquire? A Sith Lord finds a Sith Lord Suit. A Jedi Master finds an armband of Knowledge, etc. Allow for replaying.

I would prefer if they would go with more believable items, both for personal ones and in general. The ones in TSL went off a bit too much in the Fantasy/Magic direction for my taste.

I mean, a belt that suddenly makes you smarter and wiser when you snap it around your waist? A sword that mysteriously makes you much stronger when you grip its hilt? Huh? It's like... magic.

I'd prefer if they kept Ability enhancing items to implants and such where they believably could enhance the body and mind of the wearer. Armors that are made of materials that absorb energy and reduce the damage taken. Visors that enhance the ability of the wearer to hit targets and do things that require precision and timing. Masks that makes the wearer immune/resistant to gas-based attacks.

Items granting abilities that makes sense for that type of item. It's Star Wars and not fantasy where everything can be explained away with magic. :)

I'd also prefer if they toned down the power level of all items in the game a bit. In TSL the items you find are so powerful that the actual skills and abilities of your characters become irrelevant.

^^^

I agree with the belt making you smarter being a bit lame, but star wars is full of magical items especially the KOTOR era, Sith crystals and amulets giving the wearer E.S.P and inhuman powers, force imbued swords and armor, are mentioned throughout the comics.

The galaxy is stylistically quite bland compared to the tales of the Jedi books of which the games are based around (although they've styled the more recent comics around the games)

Well it depends on items and effects. Gloves giving you strength and slicing skills and what not is acceptable, and shoes of Int is definitely stupid. I mean a headgear making you smarter is ossable with whatever databank in it, and glove like object can have repulsorlift for strength and delicate motion control to help slicing. Well these does not take into account artifects and such, they can pretty much do anything...

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking perhaps not so much as an Item that you describe, but I was thinking more like in KOTOR that you could get your robes back, even being light.

I think that's something I missed in KOTOR2, the fact that you couldn't get any of the exile's stuff back.

Archived