Home

[NSW-Fic] X-Men: A new Dark Pheonix

Jason has been in hiding the past 15 years of his life... ever since he was born. Now his time has come... he will surface... but will it be for a greater good? Or will it be for a greater evil? Will he stand with his parents... and the X-Men... or will he join Magneto and the Brotherhood? Only time will be able to tell.

Jason's mother's name is Jean Grey... but when her alter ego takes over, she becomes the Pheonix. His father... is Scott Summers... but around the X-Mansion he is known as Cyclops... the leader of the X-Men. Unlike most mutants, his powers surfaced when he was only 7 years old.. so he's had eight years to perfect them, before revealing himself to the X-Men.

"Professor, I'm sorry... I'm late." Jason said to the owner of the X-Mansion, Professor Xavier.

"It's quite alright... now if you will take your seat, then we can begin class." The professor replied.

As he was moving his wheelchair back to where it was, Jason took a seat next to the very pretty, Kitty Pryde.

"Now then shall we be-" Professor X started.

Emma Frost came barging into the room. She and Jason made eye contact for a minute, before she turned her attention back to the professor.

"Charels, my sweet..." Emma started.

"Emma, what a very pleasant suprise." Professor X replied.

"Orro and Logan want Jason... they want to test his powers." Emma slowly said.

"Him? He's only been a student for about two months." Kitty said.

I got up...

"I assume they're in the Danger Room, correct Miss Frost?" Jason asked.

"Correct... now follow me..." She replied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason entered the Danger Room, and the simulation began. At first it was a simple one... a few regularly trained soldiers. Jason used the Telekenisis, that he had inherited from his mother, or the Optic beam, that he had inherited from his father, on them... and boom... he was on to the next stage. Other mutants... not that hard... yet not as easy as the soldiers. Jason still had no trouble, when it came to the sentinels... Mutant killing machines. Then they put all three together.

Everything was going great, until he missed her... a simulated Lady Deathstrike cut the top of his cheek. He lost control... anger began to well up inside of him. Dark blue veins began appearing all across his face, his face turned to the dark black color of ash. The entire room began to shake, everything, including him was flying though the air. Everything except him was ablaze... you could not see past the intensity of the flames.

A sly smile crept across his face as he looked at the ashes of his now "dead" enemies. He lowered himself to the ground and his face turned quickly back to the pale white that it should have been. He looked up and saw Storm and Wolverine exchange a few words, but mostly they were staring at a few papers in dis-belief. He was rather curious, so he lifted himself up to where they were and looked over Miss Munroe's shoulder at the papers.

"Class 7? Is that even possible... I thought there were 5 classes." Jason asked.

"We're... we're not exactly sure." Storm told him. "I think maybe Charels needs to see these.. you're going back to class correct? Give these to him when you get there."

Jason nodded, took the papers, and headed back to class. He reached out to knock on the door, but the door opened, and he walked straight in.

"Professor? Miss Munroe asked me to give these to you." Jason said.

"Thank you Jason." The professor replied, taking a peek at the papers.

His expression changed from that of bored... to one of interest.

"We will continue the lesson tomorrow, class dismissed... Jason, however... I want you to stay." Professor X said.

Jason shrugged and sat down.

"Tell me... how long have you known about your... talents?" The professor asked.

"I've known about them since the day I recieved them." Jason replied. "As you can see, professor, I have the ablities that my mother possesses."

"And for that soul reason... you are dangerous." The professor pressed.

"Dangerous to what?" Jason asked. "Only to what I want to be dangerous to! I, unlike my mother, can control my powers, I can control the beast that she has longed to control. I am not the Pheonix... I am the Dark Pheonix... a being far more powerful than what she is!"

"Jason... I am not going to try and hold it back... I was just asking... will you join the X-Men? We need you to defeat Magneto... right now." The professor replied.

Archived