Home

How do you...

Negative Sun

Keep your party members from using lesser Force Powers/Feats?

For example, I gave Bastila Force Wave once, but the stupid runt kept using whirlwind, what's up with that? Is there any way to fix this?

Also, can someone please quickly point me towards a thread/site that explains how you can watch the cutscenes in wmp or something...I would much appreciate it!

Edit: Nevermind the last bit, found it :)

That's odd. I've never heard of that glitch. Never happened to me. Maybe switch characters to her and use Force Wave once. Maybe that'll fix it.

It's the same with other party members though, I'll give Carth Master Rapid Shot for example, but he'll still use Improved Rapid Shot sometimes...

Keep your party members from using lesser Force Powers/Feats?

For example, I gave Bastila Force Wave once, but the stupid runt kept using whirlwind, what's up with that? Is there any way to fix this?

This is a problem with how the combat AI for computer controlled characters is made. It just semi-randomly picks a power to use without checking if the character has a better power in the same group. It's possible to fix, but will require some changes to be made to the combat AI. I've made such an AI fix for K2:TSL, but don't know if any exist for KotOR(1).

If I remember correctly in the case of Wave it also checks how many enemies are nearby and only use it when there are several, while it will use Whirlwind regardless of the number of opponents.

Happens all the time. I usually don't care about what others are up to while I'm busy blasting the place up, but it's amusing to watch Bastila chopping a Tuskan Holy Warrior with that purple effect on her hands while she already has Master Flurry.

If it really bugs you, you can remove the downgrade feats/powers by using KSE (for example, remove Flurry and Improved Flurry to have Bastila using Master Flurry all the time).

hi there

that's very strange because i remember turning Canderous into a Jedi because he will always use force wave or force storm or his most powerful attacks like even when i play as my own player at the point i finish well the sith planet well i can allways beat the game with him so its strange

Happens all the time. I usually don't care about what others are up to while I'm busy blasting the place up, but it's amusing to watch Bastila chopping a Tuskan Holy Warrior with that purple effect on her hands while she already has Master Flurry.

If it really bugs you, you can remove the downgrade feats/powers by using KSE (for example, remove Flurry and Improved Flurry to have Bastila using Master Flurry all the time).

That's a really good tip, thanks...have you tried it?

Archived