Home

POTC 3 Trailer

SeaTurtle

I don't know why you're getting so worked up about it. It's not like they find a tribe of cannibals, or go to see a voodoo woman living in a swamp. Or find out that the beautiful, yet fiesty, female lead has been kidnapped by a crew of undead pirates.

Nope, nothing like that at all...

I could forgive the similarities with the first film, after all, they've both based off the same damn ride, the second film was a little annoying, but I suppose it all comes down to the same thing, but this? If Will wakes up at the end and find out it was all a dream, i'll be burning down the cinema.

• 3 weeks later...

When were they ever widely popular? Amongst gamers, they were, but then gamers didn't have the numbers they did now, MI simply wasn't well known enough at the time and has only in recent years become a cult classic. Had this game been released ten years ago (which would be during the time of COMI) only the people who'd played the originals would have found similarities and COMI would have been seen as a rip off of POTC.

Very true. If a movie of Monkey Island was ever made (which is highly unlikely anyway) it would be seen as a complete rip off of POTC, even though the games were released over ten years before Curse of the Black Pearl was.

Anyway here's a nice new clip for you: Clickety

And another: Clickety again

Lets see how many more MI similarities we can spot and complain about, eh?

*gasp* wow yeah, 1991 isn't closer to 10 years ago than 2000 is any more, is it?

And I did say more popular, but yeah, I suppose you have made valid points.

And on another note, it annoys me how everyone involved is so up this movie's arse, "oh yes, it's such an original movie" It isn't an original movie, it's STOLEN! You bastards!

Not really stolen (I doubt they'd set out to make as many similarities with the games as possible), but then not really original either. There are hundreds of books out there that touch on the subjects used in these movies.

Archived