Home

My KotOR III Storyline

Lord Spitfire

Here is how I think the storyline should work:

1) In the beginning of teh game, you can choose between Revan and Exile.

2)and you can choose either DS or LS, Female or male, in the beginning for both characters, having a different story depending on each of the four allignment combonations.

3)If you choose Revan, you begin when Revan is returning with a small army back from the Unknown Regions, an army of True Sith on his tail.

4)If you choose Exile (which should be recommended for players who have not played the first two games) you start off on Coruscant, where you meet DS or LS Bastila (like in my fanfic), and team up with her and a few more people to meet Revan's army in a certain system or planet. But to get the coordinates for the planet that Revan is on, you again have to find star maps.

5)Once you find Revan, you team up (you have to if you are both LS) to lead the Republic to a campaign against the True Sith.

6) OR, you can choose to fight Revan, or choose to fight Exile (whoever you are), only if you are both DS, or one of you is DS and the other is LS. However, if one is DS and the other is LS, you still have the choice of teaming up with the other person, same if you are both DS.

7) Then, you lead campaigns on different planets, completeing battles and liberating planets for either the Republic or the "not true" Sith (if Revan was DS, it is the not true Sith, if he is LS, you are fighting for teh Republic), and coming up to a series of space battles when the True Sith assault the Core Worlds, adn a final climatic battle on Coruscant.

So what do you think? :)

4)If you choose Exile (which should be recommended for players who have not played the first two games) you start off on Coruscant, where you meet DS or LS Bastila (like in my fanfic)
Bastila may be dead, so you have to take that into account.

1. Don't like it at all. New PC FTW.

2. Expecting it already, though more for building the story around past choices & the effect on former crew members; who live & dies, jedi-fied, etc.

3, 4, 5, & 6. I personaly don't want to see these 2 again. Mentioned, sure. But interacting with either, no thanx. Maybe following clues/data pads left behind to the "true" enemy would be fine with me.

7. Sounds cool.

Very, very, very, very, very bad idea. You should simply go a new character.

Okay, I shouldn't complain without providing an alternative. A very short alternative since I could write a very detailed story:

You start on Coruscant. You get attacked by a Sith Assassin. You are saved by a Jedi (your first companion) who kills the sith assassin. You get Jedi training. You "investigate" why the Assassin tried to kill you and look where he came from. It takes you to the unknown regions where most people get "corrupted" to the dark side (including your companbions) except for you and your jedi companion. When you go back to known space you are attacked by the Republic. You flee to a planet. You get captured by a republic warship which holds your friends.

You escape the vessel during a sith attack with your friends.

On some planets you need to find Sith Holocrons which holds both locations and sith secrets which details how they can corrupt most living beings (except off course you and your jedi companion)

Mid game, there will be an event in which you face the true sith leader as well as Revan and the Exile. Before that there were also cameo appearances of Bastila, Mandalore, Atton, Carth or Cede. Off course HK-47 and T3-M4 will be companions again (and no, they will not be corrupted in the unknown regions).

After you have found all sith holocrons you need to somehow destroy their secret ways of corrupting influences (or DS learn them yourself and destroying them afterwards so you would be the one who could rule the galaxy).

At the end, you off course need to defeat the True Sith Leader while seeing some of Revan's tactical genius who would win maybe a space battle or something against the remaining True Sith. The Exile could maybe in some way close the wound in the force which in some way undo the corrupting effects the true sith have been using to create their army.

Shortest version I ever made of my idea.

the idea of kotor is to start the game off the main character know just as much as you do, which is absolutely nothing.

with the republic facing economic collapse and the jedi nowhere to be seen, many systems begin to break off from the republic. with no governing body many systems wage war on each other. you are part of a rebellion on one of the planets. your mission is capture the general of the 21st battalion. the gunship transporting you and the other commandos is shot down by hostile forces. you and one other person are the sole survivors, you also hit your head and caught amnesia, (corny i know, but it works). after learning the basics of combat, by fighting enemy troops. you and your companion make it into the base where the general is, he is caught off guard and you have a chose, capture or kill him (the light/dark side effects should be obvious). at some point on your trek back to the lz you are ambushed. a jedi (or sith) saves you, your companion didnt make it and you are unconscious. senseing the force potential in you she takes you the a hiden enclave on the planet. here you learn the powers of the force

your mission is to travel the galaxy to repair (or further destablize) the republic while gather jedi (or sith) to your cause. along the way learning of the events of revan and the exile.

mid game the ebon hawk (yea its back) is fleeing the local police and is caught in a gravity well, in a risky attempt to prevent being squashed into an object the size of a can you jump into hyperspace. after exiting you find yourself in an uncharted area of the galaxy. here you find what revan was after when he left known space.

(at some points in the game you can change the storyline from ds to ls (or vice versus) if you so choose)

new features in the game include hooded robes, walking with your equiped weapon in a standby postion (in a holster, etc), an hk-47 assasination mission, space race, ebon hawk upgrades, multiple planetary landing sites, space stations, and more animations

the ending envolves the rise (or destruction) of the true sith and the end of revan.

You didn't state what you thought about mine, you just decided to go and do yours and spam up this topic, vader815. Thank you for doing that.

And I didn't ask for your own summaries, I just asked what you thought about mine.

And I know you all hate the idea of not introducing new PC, but can you elaborate a bit more and the other things instead of just saying 'bad idea, new PC,' and doing your own story.

So I really appreceate you spamming my topic, as I already said. I also appreceate you saying its horrible. You guys should earn the critiques award!

Relax, okay.

You want to know why I think it would be a bad idea?

Well, Kotor is a story driven game. Making it possible to either start of as your first or your second main character makes it IMO difficult, if not impossible to build a solid storyline. It will be hard to avoid plotholes.

Other then that, there will be "newcomers" to the Kotor game series who know nothing about Revan, the Exile, Malak, the Mandalorian wars, the Jedi Civil war and that sort of things.

Give them a good game too! If they are prompted to at the beginning select what the main characters did and who they are at the start it would be a nightmare for them.

And then LA doesn't want to develop a game which is really meant for those Kotor Fanboys and girls who know "everything" about the Kotor franchise.

That is why it is the easiest way to start of as a new main character.

Off course, I do wish to have both Revan and the Exile very important roles in the upcoming game but to play as them (after they off course have allready become ultra powerful, which we know they did) is I think very complicated.

If you think otherwise, perhaps you could give a detailed explanation of how to build a solid storyline like Kotor I and II have by playing as both Revan and the Exile.

Archived