Home

[(mild) spoiler] - STOPPING Bao Dur becoming a Jedi

The Reverend

Hey all,

I am in a slight quandry with Bao Dur. I am on Nar Shaddaa (my first planet after Telos) and seeing as I have been using him alot, he is ready to be turned into a jedi. In addition, I now have all the lightsaber parts and would very much like Bao Dur to make good on his promise to assemble one for me. I am also a light-side jedi.

The problem is this, however: whenever I talk to him, he goes off on the thread that leads inexorably to him becoming a jedi. After that he makes a lightsaber for me just fine, however I don't want to turn him into a jedi, at least not *yet*.

Strange as it seems, there seems to be no way out of his conversation without making him a jedi. I find it odd, from a role-play perspective, that you have no choice but to make him a jedi once you start that conversation.

My question is three-fold...

1.) Is there any way to bypass that conversation for the purpose of making a lightsaber and return to it later? Perhaps a place or situation where he offers to make it without you actually asking?

2.) Is the lightsaber Bao Dur makes for you in any way special or significant?

3.) Can I lose influence with Bao Dur, there-by not qualifying to make him a jedi, make my lightsaber and then build-up his influence at a later point and make him a jedi then?

It may seem strange that want to avoid him becoming a jedi (as it just came naturally), but he is only at lvl 9 and I want him to gain enough skill points to be my main skill user and as a jedi guardian he only gains 4/lvl. Also, I think that I might like him unarmed, if only for my own amusment.

If anyone knows a way around this then please let me know!

cheers,

p.

p.s. - I am playing the XBox version.

2.) Is the lightsaber Bao Dur makes for you in any way special or significant?

It is the first lightsaber you ever get. It's not special, techincally. By the time you collected all the parts, you already are able to complete quests to gain actual lightsabers that you may or may not use. Or maybe you need to build a lightsaber before you actually get new lightsabers from doing random quests, I'm not sure, becuase I never encountered your delimma before.

But if it is the former, you can hold off asking Bao-Dur to make your lightsaber until you level the man up to be what you want him to be, since you already got some lightsabers. To confirm, just do a quest that would normally give you a lightsaber part, and see if you get an actual lightsaber instead.

3.) Can I lose influence with Bao Dur, there-by not qualifying to make him a jedi, make my lightsaber and then build-up his influence at a later point and make him a jedi then?

That could be a good idea. An easy way to do that is to go to that Speeder with Bao-Dur with a repair thing, and Bao-Dur will ask you to repair it. Rebuff Bao-Dur, and you lose the INF with him, and therefore, be able to talk to him. Don't worry, you can do some LS actions in other places, like on Onderon (helping the Republic spy) and Dantoonie (during the Sensors quest). Save first though, just in case the plan fails.

Many thanks for the ideas - haven't done the speeder quest yet (not sure what it is!) so when I get there I will give it a try. Thanks especially for finding a way to lose influence with him without gaining DS points!

Seeing as I am on Nar Shaddaa (and it is my first planet,) what is the quickest way to test the lightsaber part theory? I.e. which quest (to get a part) is easiest and quickest to complete from where I am?

Thanks heaps for the help,

p.

There is a speeder located in the refugee quad, but it is located amongst a group called the Serroco. You need to find three pieces to make the speeder work. This quest gives you ops to get influence points with either BD, Atton or both. The speeder itself is of limited utility and must be repaired before a certain point to actually be used to transport you around NS. The 3 pieces you need are a power cell, manuever flap and navigation chip. You must find them before being contacted by the Exchange if you wish to use it for travel purposes.

As to the quickest way to find lightsaber pieces, I suggest you find a walkthrough for NS online. I've played game multiple times and know that you can find a piece in Vogga's lair in the room across from him and his hounds. The trick, however, is finding out HOW to get in there w/o being caught. If there are at least 2 parts on NS, I don't recall where the other is though. I may have gotten one off one of the refugees, but don't hold me to that. *As Fury notes below, Lootra was the third place and Hussef was the refugee in question*. The quickest way is probably to hit the refugee sector and solve their problems. You usually get the 1st piece @ Citadel Station before you leave for Telos from either the Ithorians or Czerka.

Hussef, the leader of the refugees, gives you a lightsaber (part) if you stop the Exchange and the Serroco from pestering them. Lootra in the flophouse has one, too. I don't remember if there's any other in Nar Shaddaa, but three footloose lightsabers in one planet is more than enough anyway.

Heh. I'm talking about planets as if they're small rooms.

Archived