Home

Knights of the Force: Released?

DarkDwarf

I don't quite know if KOTF discussion is allowed here, as at several other sites, it is banned, as it enivitably leads to a Flame War. If this is a problem, could a Mod just delete it, and send me a PM saying that it was deleted? K.. thanks!

For those of you that don't know, Knights of the Force is a Mod the recreates the entire Star Wars Saga, editing both Single and Multiplayer JA. It has been in development for 4 years, and has missed numerous release dates. Today, KOTF was supposedly released. It should be uploaded to the internets very soon.

Many have told me that what KOTF claims to do is impossible without the singleplayer source code, but I don't really know that much about it, all I know is, that by the looks of the screenshots, and the trailers, it's gonna be good.

Discuss.

Its a very well constructed scam. The author of theis 'mod' is still asking for 'donations' to continue work on the mod - asking for 'donations' averts him from legal pressure for taking monmey for a game licence he doesn't own. Besides, as i'm sure you must have found out by now, most of the work produced in the mod isn't even his, it was 'contributed' (or so he claims).

I've been following this work pretty much since the start back in 2003, and the author has missed 12 supposed would be 'release dates' with pathetic excuses such as his computer is broke so needs more donations to get a new one to continue work with the mod (anyone who falls for this deserves their own fate). The last time was on the 25th May, to coincide with the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars the mod was supposed to be released then, but what a surprise! It's the 3rd of June and still no sign of the mod anywhere!The author has deliberately constructed the work (trailer & pictures prove this) and has constucted an elaborate website and demo to reel people into the scam - he must have over $1500 by now by praying on naiive kids whom believe every word that comes out of this 'Tims' mouth.

(sigh) Whatever you do don't ever donate to this con-artist and i'd advise anyone else to do the same. I'd love to see the mod released, as the demo is awesome but i just can't see it happenin'. Sorry to break it to ya, but don't hold your breath - try a mod that has actually been released and is constantly updated such as OJP for a better JA experience, please don't waste your time worrying over this clown.

-GK

Tim (the lead man) had started a HL2 mod called "Jedi:Timeline" the time around HL2 came out. He accepted some donations for it, showed some models of speeder cars and the mod has died out. I didn't even know about his scams back then but it's very clear now.

Too bad, I would've liked a HL2 SW mod.

I don't even play HL, 1 or 2. Halo beats it in soo many ways...:p

I would have to disagree with you on this, Half-Life 2 (in my humble opinion) is probably the best FPS to ever grace us (the expansion pack Episode One is also friggin' amazin'). Halo as a game series is quite basic as far as FPS game mechanics go - quite an outdated formula (it has a great multiplayer though, especially Halo 2).

Half Life 2 for me was a tech demo of things yet to come, too bad no fps has really taken over it's cool combination of physics, adventure and story. Looking back I think we can all say that if it weren't for the gravity gun that the game would've been pretty mediocre.

Well, Osman Gunyaz actually replied to my email (i thought he never would) and apprently will release 10th-14th June; I'm still dubious at whether he will release, i've decided to keep an eye on it till then but if the release date expires and still no mod i will have definately lost all interest in it - keep ur fingers crossed guys/gals (or don't as chances are there will still be no mod available :lol: ).

Well, Osman Gunyaz actually replied to my email (i thought he never would) and apprently will release 10th-14th June; I'm still dubious at whether he will release, i've decided to keep an eye on it till then but if the release date expires and still no mod i will have definately lost all interest in it - keep ur fingers crossed guys/gals (or don't as chances are there will still be no mod available :lol: ).
It's now Friday 15th June..... What a joke; well atleast this teaches us a valueable lesson -

IF SOMETHING LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS!!

Man i would've so liked to believe in this, but i would like to ask one thing though mates, if this isn't real, then why do he have videos showing him and the "mod" watching and showing this to peoples...? is it just me or does he somehow keep people totally in to this?

If this though never come out, he wil have a community of more than 30.000

people against him - that'll be fun watching! :animelol:

Man i would've so liked to believe in this, but i would like to ask one thing though mates, if this isn't real, then why do he have videos showing him and the "mod" watching and showing this to peoples...? is it just me or does he somehow keep people totally in to this?

Well to answer you quesio, i'll quote myself:

Its a very well constructed scam. The author of theis 'mod' is still asking for 'donations' to continue work on the mod - asking for 'donations' averts him from legal pressure for taking monmey for a game licence he doesn't own. Besides, as i'm sure you must have found out by now, most of the work produced in the mod isn't even his, it was 'contributed' (or so he claims).

I've been following this work pretty much since the start back in 2003, and the author has missed 12 supposed would be 'release dates' with pathetic excuses such as his computer is broke so needs more donations to get a new one to continue work with the mod (anyone who falls for this deserves their own fate). The last time was on the 25th May, to coincide with the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars the mod was supposed to be released then, but what a surprise! It's the 3rd of June and still no sign of the mod anywhere!The author has deliberately constructed the work (trailer & pictures prove this) and has constucted an elaborate website and demo to reel people into the scam - he must have over $1500 by now by praying on naiive kids whom believe every word that comes out of this 'Tims' mouth.

(sigh) Whatever you do don't ever donate to this con-artist and i'd advise anyone else to do the same. I'd love to see the mod released, as the demo is awesome but i just can't see it happenin'. Sorry to break it to ya, but don't hold your breath - try a mod that has actually been released and is constantly updated such as OJP for a better JA experience, please don't waste your time worrying over this clown.

That basically wraps your answer in a nutshell, if it comes out it comes out but i'm highly doubtful and i suggest you don't waste your time on this project as it may never happen - if it does then GREAT!! :thumbsup:

That basically wraps your answer in a nutshell, if it comes out it comes out but i'm highly doubtful and i suggest you don't waste your time on this project as it may never happen - if it does then GREAT!! :thumbsup:

well... i still ask about this = http://www.kotf.com/main/manual/fuar.htm

cause it shows a conference... only asking this cause im confused :nut:

- But i have the exact same hopes as 30.000 others!

well... i still ask about this = http://www.kotf.com/main/manual/fuar.htm

cause it shows a conference... only asking this cause im confused :nut:

- But i have the exact same hopes as 30.000 others!

Yep, that's what's bugging me too as it seems like the project is legit, but there is no evidence (actual full release) to prove it is. If the full game doesn't get released then we've always got the demo (which is rather good).

But i still cant help check my mail everyday for the promised "Forum is now open and mod released" mail ´:( and the music also bugs me :p as it is now set as "the final countdown" which means... if he doesnt get this mod finished along this week... he WILL lose fans!

But i still cant help check my mail everyday for the promised "Forum is now open and mod released" mail ´:( and the music also bugs me :p as it is now set as "the final countdown" which means... if he doesnt get this mod finished along this week... he WILL lose fans!

:lol: The music had me in hysterics with laughter with the irony of it all, the way it's going it will be the 'final countdown' for a LONG time! lol:

Archived