Home

footlocker @ beginning of K1

MacTavish

Originally Posted by ronin93

I was wondering if anyone happened to know how to change the items you start of with in the footlocker on the Endar Spire. Would you have to change a script or change the .mod file?

You must modify the script k_pend_area01.nss.

I don't know where you could find the original source code of this script though. DeNCS was able to decompile it partially, but the partial byte-code did not match. Simply replacing this script would create problems later because the script also modifies XP gain and global variables.

Another possibility is to modify the UTP file footlker001.utp, but this would also create problems later because the same name is used by other footlockers in different modules throughout the game.

You could attach a script that gives the items you want directly to your inventory to Trask's DLG file. I believe there are tutorials for making this kind of scripts.

I hope this helps.

You must modify the script k_pend_area01.nss.

I don't know where you could find the original source code of this script though. DeNCS was able to decompile it partially, but the partial byte-code did not match. Simply replacing this script would create problems later because the script also modifies XP gain and global variables.

I hope this helps.

You can rename this script to k_pend_area01_original.nss then create your own script called k_pend_area01.nss where you do your buisness. The last thing you will do at the end of your custom script is to fire the k_pend_area01_original.nss and buisness will continue as usual.

You can rename this script to k_pend_area01_original.nss then create your own script called k_pend_area01.nss where you do your buisness. The last thing you will do at the end of your custom script is to fire the k_pend_area01_original.nss and buisness will continue as usual.

^^^

Very good method ;):thumbsup:

I've used script injecting in a few of my mods, you just need to be careful (if it's a public release) about compatibility with other mods that may have edited the same "enter area" script :)

However, editing the Trask dialogue (since there's so many lines) would probably be the better route in this particular case. Also, since K1 is littered with unique placeables, it's soooo much easier placing items in game than it's demon half-twin TSL :lol:

If you did use this method then do not name the original script "k_pend_area01_original.nss." It is way over the 16 character limit so it will never fire :).

I'd agree with ChAiNz that attaching it to Trask's dialogue is a much simpler way of doing the whole thing :).

If you did use this method then do not name the original script "k_pend_area01_original.nss." It is way over the 16 character limit so it will never fire :).

I'd agree with ChAiNz that attaching it to Trask's dialogue is a much simpler way of doing the whole thing :).

okay thanks! :thumbsup:

Archived