Home

Problems with scripting (god not another scripting noob you say...)

Thor the Bassis

Ok. I've recently started scripting and have been trying for two days to get a script into a level I've been designing. It involves stormtroopers (although they're battle droid models) following the player down the corridors and turning corners after him and stuff.

So far I've successfully tested the script and radiant trigger in a different test map but when I put it in this map It doesn't work - they just stand there. My best guess is that its kind of a 'dazed rabbit' effect like when driving at rabbits. Because they can see me when the script starts they just shoot at me and then wait for me to come back when I run off instead off following the set of navgoals.

Also the navgoals are all connected by waypoints and each is easily seen from the other so its not that they cant see me.

Ahh thanks. All the links I found on the various sites have since been broken as it just takes you to the error 404 page not found. They should really put something more interesting on that page (or at least own up to having lost a web page lol :) )

EDIT

Its fixed alot of stuff thanks. The only problem is it actually didn't help the bit where the stormtroopers spawn and run after you but this is proberably just a stupid mistake somewhere that will iron out.

I also have another question - how do you get a npc to fall of a ledge and not die because I dont get hurt but Obi-Wan dies or is this just too big a drop for him?

EDIT

fixed everything

Archived