Home

The Senate

Guest Luke Skywalker

Originally posted by Gamma732

Yeah, its just that the way Leon seemed to have it, the Mods would nominate who they thought was most qualified, and not just the people who want to be nominated...When you think about it, of all the outspoken people in this forum, which of us wouldn't want to be a Senator? The Mods shouldn't just pick those who want to be a Senator...

Oh well, thats my two cents.

I see what your saying Gamma, the mods will seek people out that THEY think should be in it. They will contact us. :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Luke Skywalker

Ok, I'd like to run, but this is Leon's little project, I really don't think we should be taking this into our hands without him here. He thought it up, he was going to run it. He had to be away for a while, I don't think that justifies taking this over. I'm not yelling at anyone, I'm not chastizing anyone, and yes i read the thing about just making it known who wants to be nominated. I just think we should just let this sit until Leon comes back.

Im not trying to take over anything and I really don't want to, Im adding to the senate in a way. But in the end Leon makes all the decisions. Im sorry If I made it seem that I was trying to run it because thats not what Im trying to project. But I am making the nominations site where people can go to see information about people who would like to run. So email post or PM me with bio's and avtars or symbols or whatever!

:)

Guest Tie Guy

Yeah, its just that the way Leon seemed to have it, the Mods would nominate who they thought was most qualified, and not just the people who want to be nominated...When you think about it, of all the outspoken people in this forum, which of us wouldn't want to be a Senator? The Mods shouldn't just pick those who want to be a Senator...

Oh well, thats my two cents.

Well, no one can firce you to be a senator, so it really doesn't make sense to nominate someone who doesn't want to be a senator. Of course, it shouldn't be based just on who wants to be one either.

Guest Luke Skywalker

I have just read the rules once again. And it clearly states that the first round of senate will be nominated by Mods. So Mods, just to make it easier for you to nominate go to my nomination site to look at bios and such. It should be done in a day or two. Also the rules clearly state that after the first round of senate persons wishing to be nominated can nominate themselves.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker

I have just read the rules once again. And it clearly states that the first round of senate will be nominated by Mods. So Mods, just to make it easier for you to nominate go to my nomination site to look at bios and such. It should be done in a day or two. Also the rules clearly state that after the first round of senate persons wishing to be nominated can nominate themselves.

What nomination site?

Guest Luke Skywalker

Im making a nomination site tie guy, its not quite done yet. Im posting, like i said before, nomination info, bios, avtars, symbols ect. just to give the mods an easier time deciding who to nominate and give the nominators a good look at there competition. But I'm not making this for Leon, just to make sure everyone understands that.

Originally posted by Kvan

Ummm...didn't Leon say that a Sentator is nominated by a mod...so why are you guys saying you are running? A mod has to say you are, I thought :confused:

Okay #1 I think I have a great chance to be nominated...

#2-this is just in case I DO get nominated...like Campaigning before the party decides who to run...

I will, although there is no chance I will be chosen....

I still think when Leon gets back you should tell him that you have changed your ways. And if he makes you get a petition then I'll sign:)

...petition thread...hmmmm...good idea...

Guest Luke Skywalker
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

I will, although there is no chance I will be chosen....

Hummm I wonder why?

*coughsuperspammercough* lol:p its true though. Sad but true

Guest Luke Skywalker
Originally posted by DS_StarViper

luke=

I didn't get a chance to read that post before it was edited so Im not going to say anything bad or flame you but if your really that offended by my sig ill take the little banner off. Ive never done anything to you personally so Im sorry if I offend you:(

Guest Gamma732

Ok, now I know most everyone is taking this seriously, but with talk of parties and such I just wanted to say that the idea for a Senate was a semi-serious to serious thing. I don't think it was intended as an RPG or game. Just to remind everyone, if its not going to be a game, it has to be taken seriously. So don't just sign up to be nominated just because.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by darthfergie

You know I'm seeing a trend in Viper's posts now...they all have...

edited by Boba Rhett ...at the bottom...:D

Hehe, your right. Way to go Rhett! :D

Anyways Gamma, your 100% correct, this isn't a game or story or something, we are seriously starting a form of goverenment on this forum. Senators won't be playing during meetings, they will decide on issues and schedule tournaments and do things like that. So, as Gamma said, before you decide if you want to do it or not, you have to ready to make a commitment.

Guest Tie Guy

You know I'm seeing a trend in Viper's posts now...they all have...

edited by Boba Rhett ...at the bottom...:D

Hehe, your right. Way to go Rhett! :D

Anyways Gamma, your 100% correct, this isn't a game or story or something, we are seriously starting a form of goverenment on this forum. Senators won't be playing during meetings, they will decide on issues and schedule tournaments and do things like that. So, as Gamma said, before you decide if you want to do it or not, you have to ready to make a commitment.

Guest Luke Skywalker

500+ Members...still no Senate...I remember when at 200 we would start...*lol*

Lol :) Im still working on Nominations site Im a little behind but oh well itll be done when its done.:) Oh and go to http://www.battlegroundsuk.com Its not battle ground suk its battle grounds UK. Dont think that its the other one! Go there and join the forums!:)

Guest Luke Skywalker

500+ Members...still no Senate...I remember when at 200 we would start...*lol*

Lol :) Im still working on Nominations site Im a little behind but oh well itll be done when its done.:) Oh and go to http://www.battlegroundsuk.com Its not battle ground suk its battle grounds UK. Dont think that its the other one! Go there and join the forums!:)

Originally posted by Luke Skywalker

Are you a mod there or something???:confused:

Because you are posting repeatedly on this...

Archived