Home

Tatooine

Yathura Bana

Hi how are you all doing? just wondering if someone could make tatooine for TSL? i know porting is illegal, but man i wish i knew how to do it lol. So if any modders out there want to help make me a happy man, get a tatooine mod made up for me please lol. cheers :)

You know if someone just made a new version of tatooine like 5 years after revan was there then it wouldnt be porting the same with the other planets(except Taris Dantooine and Korriban because theyre already there.)So folks I ask you this is it really porting If things are different?

TheRealDem

Does anyone know if you can actually port the worlds from k1 to k2? it would be so sweet if you could. Am i correct in saying that should i do it on my own computer for my own personal use im not doing anything illegal? Its only when i distribute it then its illegal. Seriously though, someone do tatooine. It would be amazing!

Does anyone know if you can actually port the worlds from k1 to k2? it would be so sweet if you could. Am i correct in saying that should i do it on my own computer for my own personal use im not doing anything illegal? Its only when i distribute it then its illegal. Seriously though, someone do tatooine. It would be amazing!

It would be illegal to port it, as far as actually making the module, I'm not sure if they can or not because of the issues with making new modules.

You know if someone just made a new version of tatooine like 5 years after revan was there then it wouldnt be porting the same with the other planets(except Taris Dantooine and Korriban because theyre already there.)So folks I ask you this is it really porting If things are different?

TheRealDem

No it is not porting if you don't use any of the original K1 art and models so yes 5 years different making it different is not porting and I would love to see that done it would be great.

Well Ill be thinkin bout workin on this then and Ill put the dune sea in it but Ill totally destroy the sandcrawler that was there and if you chose revan to be darkside the sand ppl enclave will be badly damaged like half of it burned down the other half just eroded.The path to the Krayt Dragon area will be no more but should I include the Wraid?

Tatooine and any other worlds would be an excellent addition to the game. If anyone skilled enough to do it, by all means, go ahead. Id def be a happy chappy lol. Im just not as IT skilled as the rest of you. Plus, it will give me some replay value until TSLRP finish their project. How cool would it be though to actually have those under you be padawans and then when you think they are ready, they go off to do their trials (Ie the cave in korriban lol) and when they come back you grant them jedi master status and all convene on coruscant (theres a mod going about which is ace) and perhaps have some younglings learning the ways of the force as you (the exile) go about restoring the jedi order - Bastila could even be the one running it. Go on people, do it, it would be amazing!

Edit: ps lord fear you will be my hero if you manage to do tatooine. Id like the one from K1 if its possible to fully port, if not im sure your effort will give Bioware a run for their money :)

mods?

the only legal tatooine option is to make brand new modules for TSL. This is currently impossible.

reskins are your only legal option. discussion of porting is taboo and not supposed to occur here... either work on cracking lightmaps and build your own new modules, Lord Fear, or reskin other TSL modules. Or convince one of our outstanding modders to take it on.

I can guarantee that no reputable modder will get involved with releasing a mod that involves any porting of any kind.

Sorry Yathura Bana, but we do not allow the discussing on porting material between the games here. Discussions on how to do so are deleted or closed so please do not ask people how to do this here. Forum Rules

We here at LucasForums have a special relationship with LA and will not ruin that by allowing things that will ruin that relationship.

Archived