Home

I bought a Zune...

manoman81

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Zune came bricked, the screen won't turn on. I can even add files and stuff to it but the screen is black. I can see the back light and I can even randomly hit buttons and start hearing music, but it's not looking good. I wouldn't want to keep it anyway, there is no folder explorer so I can't create folder trees. That means that I would have to put every single video file in a single large video folder, not freaking cool.

I just hope I get my damn money back soon.

My Zune came bricked, the screen won't turn on. I can even add files and stuff to it but the screen is black. I can see the back light and I can even randomly hit buttons and start hearing music, but it's not looking good. I wouldn't want to keep it anyway, there is no folder explorer so I can't create folder trees. That means that I would have to put every single video file in a single large video folder, not freaking cool.

I just hope I get my damn money back soon.

Oh dang man, that really sucks :(

You ordered from woot.com right? I guess that always a threat when buying refurbished items. Are you going to still purchase one, though? You have the invisible shield, after all :p

I'm really glad my Zune was in tact. I was a little worried because I tend to not buy OEM or refurbished items, but the price was just to tempting. I guess being risky paid off in my experience :)

EDIT: There are entirely too many smileys in this post.

My computer and my TV is refurb, so I've had an alright experience with them. And about the invisible shield, two things... First, I should have only gotten the screen protector because the rest of the body seems pretty resistant to scratches already. And second, I already applied the shield before I realized it was dead- I just thought it wasn't charged enough. Those shields don't come off re-usable after a few minutes of drying, either. So I have a dead piece of $85 equipment that I realize I don't need, and a wasted $30 shield.

That, and I found out I had accidentally written over my brother's Mass Effect save when I got on, so eh. No school, no work, I should feel good but I'm really in a sour mood now. : \

And about the invisible shield, two things... First, I should have only gotten the screen protector because the rest of the body seems pretty resistant to scratches already.

I was actually really pleased when I got my hands on the case. I'd never actually held a Zune before I bought it, and I was thoroughly surprised when I saw how scratch resistant it is. I tried digging into it with my finger nail and nothing, and I carry it around in my pocket all the time and I haven't even noticed a single mark on it yet. I still might get the screen shield, though, just because I'd hate to get a scratch on it's beautiful screen.

Archived