Home

Stay minimized!

Mindtwistah

No I can minimize it but when I do and press and icon at the toolbar kotor "unminimizes".

I'm sorry... but I'm failing to see the problem? Give me a bone.. hehehe

1) It's 'supposed' to un-minimize (maximize) when you click the icon on the taskbar...

2) Why are you minimizing it in the first place?

3) Why would you not want it to maximize? That can cause much more headaches when you go to try and shut it down without corrupting something...

4) Did you try the ini edit trick? Mine usually stays minimized until I'm ready for it to go back full screen

5) Am I completely mis-interpreting what you mean by "staying minimized" :lol:

For example, I minimize kotor and click on the msn icon on the toolbar. Then kotor maximases.

I got that much.. hehehe :D

again, did you try the ini edit? It's about the only solution to offer you. When you Alt+Enter to put it in windowed mode, it will allow you access to our desktop, apps, etc.... when you want to go back to full screen, hit Alt+Enter again...

I don't know of any minimize locking app (though I don't deny one exists ;) ).. mainly because it causes too many problems should a program decide not to "un-lock". Closing a program by right-clicking an icon and clicking close raises the chance of file corruption as it's a "cold close". This is the reason why many programs will auto-maximize when you go anywhere near the taskbar.

When in windowed mode however, the computer maintains the program environment and file corruption is tamed. Plus, windowed mode allows you access to your desktop (for things such as MSN) ;)

Archived