Home

Manny 2.0

Grifter_Grifts

Well, I've been poking around the forums for a couple of weeks now. I'm still playing the game for the first time, and realize that most of you have completed it years ago, yet still manage to contribute to the GF community. It really means alot to the new guys like me, who are behind. I don't feel like I'm abandoned, left playing some game long forgotten by everyone else. I've noticed a trend here: You remain as dedicated as ever, discussing the game, analyzing the story, creating beautiful art, writing, and discussions. Some of you have made HUNDREDS of posts here... I know I will feel the same way, once I have finished the game.

I mentioned in my other post that I would be starting to make 3D models of GF characters in a couple of weeks. I decided to start working on a Manny model ASAP. I thought it would be fun to imagine what Grim Fandango 2 might look like, so I'm giving the models a slightly updated appearance. I hope this doesn't ruin it for anyone... (Maybe it will inspire Lucasarts to get going on a sequel, lol) It is also exactly what our movie will look like. It's nowhere near being finished, but you get the idea.

You people are obviously the glue that holds this place together, and keeps Grim Fandango alive. THANK YOU! Playing the game wouldn't be the same if you hadn't kept the community going all these years. Anyway, here are a few 1280x1024 screenshots of the model for anyone who wants them for wallpapers. Once Manny is completed with all his outfits, I'll be looking to make another character immediately. Any suggestions? Who is your favorite character?

Sorry for these long posts, BTW :)

mannypointingoa1.th.jpg

mannypointingbackgroundzc1.th.jpg

redpointinghw3.th.jpg

mannypointing3ly2.th.jpg

mannywallnu0.th.jpg

glad to see you fell in love with this game! But then again how can't one?

That is one really good model, and thanks for the backgrounds btw.

Do Glottis next :p :P :p

btw the longs posts just shows that there still is new blood in the forums who reads and becomes a part in our little society

Those look awesome! I especially like the third one with that hellish sky in the background.

Long posts are perfectly okay with me, and I'm sure the other mods and Thrik (the big boss around here) agree. I actually prefer them to posts that only consist of one word or so. :) Gotta have some substance if we want to have a discussion.

Thanks :) He still needs some work. Alot of little stuff that gets tiring. It doesn't help that I'm having a hard time focusing, either; I just quit smoking a week ago, after 12 years. I must refrain from tearing my hair out, hehe.

I wasn't saying it was your duty to shorten posts, btw... I just saw a blood/vampire connection there, so made a lame joke, lol.

• 5 months later...

Archived