Home

Utilizing all the areas of the game

a long time ago in a forum far far away a programmer named Phred started Euka. Its concept was complete control of the game by the administrator. He decided to stop it when it started looking really cool. It was based on OJP-E. Now i'm thinking why not put that into OJP? Well all i'm asking is that someone consider allowing more control on everything in OJP. Its annoying not being able to make it so my saber does UBER 10,000 damage and has a length of 100 mapping cubes to slice up bots when i'm frustrated :smash:. But of course, thats not the point. The point is being able to set starting force and all those other little tiny things is fun. Its more than that.... its what makes a cool server cool. Running around with lotsa force using lightning, absorb, and grip a lot.

Give or take a few things, being able to control your server properly can be both wonderfully fun or horribly insane. Give your take, but don't flame the idea. If you don't like it don't say anything. If you don't like how i said it say it like you would want to say how total server-side control should be. Clients still get freedom :).

I've always been wary of admin enhancements to the JKA/JKO. It has been SO abused in the past (slap/freeze/etc) that I've avoided allowing admin enhancements to OJP for a long time.

I'd probably be open to it if someone could show that their enhancements couldn't be abused to harass players on their servers.

I've always been wary of admin enhancements to the JKA/JKO. It has been SO abused in the past (slap/freeze/etc) that I've avoided allowing admin enhancements to OJP for a long time.

I'd probably be open to it if someone could show that their enhancements couldn't be abused to harass players on their servers.

speaking this reminded me one thing i always thought OJP was missing. a way to spawn vehicles with out turning on cheats as this can be a no no online

Meh, you can learn C now if you really want to. Darth die did it, and he's younger than just about any of us. I new a little about java and I picked it up...sort of... I still suck and don't even really like coding, but I do it for the mod.

Anyways, as far as your idea, I'm not sure if who amoung us would be interested in coding it. Ensiform might be, but I'm not sure if he's doing much coding for JKA right now. I'm not because I have other more pressing things to worry about and I'm not a great coder anyways. I'm not sure how much Darth die wants to do it, but he's also got other things to code since he's one of our few active coders. Not sure what Tinny would think of it either. WE NEED MORE CODERS!!! :p

Archived