Home

Revan dark side name change mod

Sir Vougalot

A (hopefully) simple request: can anyone make a mod where, should you choose to follow Bastila to the dark side and reclaim your title as Dark Lord of the Sith atop the Rakatan temple, once you regain control of Revan and Bastila to right Jolee and Juhani, your character's name - what ever it may be - is instantly changed to "Darth Revan" for the remainder of your dark side game? It just isn't right when, while on the Star Forge, you switch away from Revan - whom you have wearing his Dark Lord robes - to one of your other characters and see a name other than "Darth Revan" over the Dark Lord's head.

Ooh, I hadn't thought about having it change to just "Revan" should you choose the light side, but that's a good idea as well. It makes sense, as the sequel seems to suggest that Revan resumed going by his old name.

But then again, on the Ebon Hawk just after the big revelation, Revan's light side choice dialogue has him saying, "But I'm not Revan. I'm [your custom name]," which would seem to suggest that the light sider Revan desired to completely disassociate himself with anything related to his former life, including his former name. This seems to conflict with KOTOR II, which suggests that he eventually changed his mind on that issue.

So... I don't know. A dark side name change to "Darth Revan" would be quite fitting. A light side name change to "Revan" would be in line with the next game, but not in line with earlier dialogue. Plus, I don't see why the light side character would decide to adopt that name at that moment, story-wise. Good idea, but it just has holes in it.

Can anyone do this? I'd really love to see this made! Would it be easy?

I love this idea for a mod; not being able to assume Revan's real name always bugged me towards the end of the game, especially since from that time on everyone is calling you Revan anyways. I think an ideal solution would be two new dialogue options, one for the dark side and one for the light.

The dark side dialogue would have Revan choose to reject his former identity, but still go along with his diabolical plans (I.E. "I don't give a damn who I used to be, I'm <custom name> the new Dark Lord of the Sith!") with every other default dark side option allowing the player to assume the title of Darth Revan as you wanted.

The second option would be allowing Revan to embrace his former identity without going back over to the dark side, so the player can use the name Revan as well.

Unfortunately I have no idea how a mod like this would work or else I would do it myself. Best of luck in finding some help though.

Well... it's impossible as a mod... but if you use KSE then just click on your character and simply change the name to whatever you like. Be it Revan or Rev@ni$theawsomest... or well... anyway... that's all you really need to do. Not that hard, if you ask me... you don't even have to have ANY modding skills whatsoever... ;)

Archived