Home

which one ?

Del_Boy

You're supposed to play Jedi Outcast and then Jedi Academy. They're both good-ish games. JK2 has a much more cohesive and interesting plot, but JK3 has better gameplay. I'd buy them both and play them in order: they're pretty cheap right now.

• 1 month later...

First of all, get an ancient computer and play Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight and it's thirteen level expansion pack, Mysteries of the Sith. Though neither of these games has a very sophisticated combat engine, the plot, design, and other features are superb. You could probably find a good copy of both on Ebay as I did with Mysteries of the Sith. And, to top that off, DK 2 has live action cut scenes, which is incredibly nice for a nerd like me.

Mysteries of the Sith is far harder than it's predecessor, though this is mainly due to puzzles more reminiscent of those found in Jedi Knight 2.

Jedi Outcast was very fun to play. I still remember when a friend introduced me to Kyle Katarn... But there I go, being nostalgic again. Outcast is a very nice game with a variety of befuddling challenges, intense first and third person action and lots of things to do you cannot do in the KotOR games.

Jedi Academy surrenders Outcasts cohesive and fast paced plot for customizability and a greater number of choices attributed to the main character. You also engage in a great variety of actions unheard of in other Star Wars games such as running up walls, playing Force catch with Merr-Sonn missiles and angry Sith and executing 'saber moves that would make an Echani fire-dancer green with envy. On the downside, Academy was easy, especially if one knows what Force powers to learn first.

-Bearer of the Krijinia.

• 2 weeks later...
JK Academy. No doubt. You don't need to play JO to play JKAcademy. The only thing you may not understand is how kyle katarn knows tavion, but that's no problem. You know exactly the same as Jaden Korr.

I played JO without playing the other JK games. I understood the storyline perfectly. Jaden's story was highly overrated and wasn't as original as the JO story was. The JO story focused more on Kyle as a character and was more of an FPS game then with JKA being more of a saber wielding game

In my oppinion it depends on what you prefer, I played both of the games, JKA has more features and stuff, better mods too in my oppinion, and I've heard there aren't much active JKO servers left :o

Though JKO's storyline was way better then JKA.

In my oppinion it depends on what you prefer, I played both of the games, JKA has more features and stuff, better mods too in my oppinion, and I've heard there aren't much active JKO servers left :o

Though JKO's storyline was way better then JKA.

You must not have played JO for very long. Since JO still has dozens of active clans. I know this since I just reinstalled it. JA's features were put sloppily put into the game engine and didn't really do the game as much justice as JO did

True, I didn't. Ofcourse there's many active left, but there are way more in JKA.

And if you compare both games with games like Counter-Strike, CoD, or Battlefield you will see that those games have way more servers + clans + players.

Archived