Home

New Area Mod

Sithspecter

im thinking about making a kellys heroes mod from the old movie for k1, but i needed some help. i dont know any scripting but pretty good at modeling and ok at a few things. mod would be a new planet called xarron 6, and the bonus is 750000 credits. i would be grateful for any help or advice.

Well, I'll give you some advice that lots of people gave me when I first started modding, start small then work your way up, my goal when I first started modding was to create an entire new planet, I started small, with some reskins, then new items, then I released my first mod, a recruitment mod.

So my advice will be the same, start with a smaller mod first, like a reskin or some new items.

I recommend you read this tutorial Getting started with modding

Also, for when you've read threw that, here are some general modding tutorials.

Hope this helps :)

i have already done a few reskins, and i created two new models but i havent put them online or anything yet. i guess i'll probably keep working on the area mod for the long run but i'll work on smaller stuff for now. :)

does anybody know where i can get the nwneditor mentioned in doom_dealer's tutorial? :confused:

Now i got the k-gff editor and it works great. Still working on a new planet, i can get to the module and spawn npcs and placeables (thanks Doom_Dealer), and i can transition to custom modules also. Now im having problems with the galaxy map and scripting.

I had a problem scripting the planet on to the galaxy map too, and DarthDingDong gave me a very nice tutorial on how to script modules into dialogue.

Here's the link! :)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=185034

I have made a couple of world war 2 items, including helmet, 30 caliber machine gun, and a colt 45, oh yeah, new WW2 armor also. I put them in my edited module. I was wondering if anybody wanted to help? Possibilities include making a fightable tank (maybe...) new journal entries, and new visitable planet. I really need a scripter... :tank1:

Also, I'm changing the name of the planet to Alzoc 4. The story line is that a misfit platoon of soldiers fighting on a forgotten world discover a shipment of Sith spice worth 1.6 million credits. They recruit a tank commander (oddball) and you as a jedi of course. This is going to be a completely new planet, using modules from dantooine, and probaly will have 5-7 modules. This is my first major mod, and I would really appreciate some scripting and texturing help. If you want to help, just post it on this thread or PM me. I have made the first module and spawned a few npcs in it. Does anybody know how to make the ebon hawk enterable from a custom planet? I put all the door files into the MOD but I can't go inside. I would be thankful for anyone willing to help.

• 2 weeks later...
I have made a couple of world war 2 items, including helmet, 30 caliber machine gun, and a colt 45, oh yeah, new WW2 armor also. I put them in my edited module. I was wondering if anybody wanted to help? Possibilities include making a fightable tank (maybe...) new journal entries, and new visitable planet. I really need a scripter... :tank1:

Also, I'm changing the name of the planet to Alzoc 4. The story line is that a misfit platoon of soldiers fighting on a forgotten world discover a shipment of Sith spice worth 1.6 million credits. They recruit a tank commander (oddball) and you as a jedi of course. This is going to be a completely new planet, using modules from dantooine, and probaly will have 5-7 modules. This is my first major mod, and I would really appreciate some scripting and texturing help. If you want to help, just post it on this thread or PM me. I have made the first module and spawned a few npcs in it. Does anybody know how to make the ebon hawk enterable from a custom planet? I put all the door files into the MOD but I can't go inside. I would be thankful for anyone willing to help.

You say you need a scripter?

I'm no expert but I can do some scripting.

I'll help if you want?

Archived