Home

Being able to have both Mical and Brianna in your party

Sir Vougalot

I've been using Stoffe's "Handmaiden Choice for Females" mod for a while now, and love it. Sadly, it is not compatible with K2RP. :( But that's beside the point. I was wondering if there is a way to be able to have both Mical and Brianna in your party rather than one or the other.

I know where the main problem lies: in the character select screen. I know that this could probably be remedied by getting rid of one character (the usual candidate is G0T0), but I don't really like that (especially since G0T0 will play a more prominent role once TSLRP is released). Would it be possible to design a completely new character select screen, with one more to accommodate the characters in question?

Also, I know that this may cause a conflict with the scene that plays before going to confront Atris (Or was it after?), where either Mical (if he is in your party) or Visas (if Brianna is in your party) will confess their love for you. I think it should play out either with Mical if you're a female and Visas if you're a male, or make it dependent upon which one you have more influence with. (If the influence is the same, then it will play with the character of the opposite gender as the PC.)

Also, if would be great if this were made to be compatible with K2RP, and also with TSLRP when it's released, either in the form of a patch or an updated version. (For that matter, I'd like to see an updated version of the "Handmaiden Choice for Females" mod, or a patch to be compatible with K2RP if you're listening, Stoffe.)

Would any of this be possible? I'd imagine that it might be a big project since redesigning of graphics and mechanics is involved.

EDIT: Oh yeah, in case you're not familiar, I'm talking about the disciple and the handmaiden. I simply refuse to call them by those names because I think they're stupid. I favor their real names, which have been cemented in my mind. ;)

It is quite impossible to add a Character Slot atm... but maybe Mical could replace Bao-Dur on Dantooine, because imo Bao-Dur is completely useless after Telos. He can't wear Jedi Robes, even when you change him to a Gaurdian... he has that HIDEOUS looking arm, and he's just flat out annoying. Anyways... yeah.

Also, I know that this may cause a conflict with the scene that plays before going to confront Atris (Or was it after?), where either Mical (if he is in your party) or Visas (if Brianna is in your party) will confess their love for you. I think it should play out either with Mical if you're a female and Visas if you're a male, or make it dependent upon which one you have more influence with. (If the influence is the same, then it will play with the character of the opposite gender as the PC.)

It's after, and that is possible, I'd personally go with the one that has more influence however, rather than based on Gender... ((seems kinda racist if you do it depending on Gender...))

I was thinking more along the lines of creating an entirely new character select screen rather than simply adding an extra slot, as I've heard the latter is impossible. Is the former impossible as well?

As far as I know it is also impossible to make a new character select screen...

Yes, I agree with you, but what happens when you have the exact same amount of influence with both of them? There has to be a second determining factor for such a situation.

For the selction screen... Okay, how about this, then: Would it be possible to put a little "next page" arrow down at the bottom of the screen, over top of the selection screen and not necessarily part of it? And when you click on the arrow, it takes you to the "next page," but in reality it really removes all character portraits (making them appear blank) and having only Mical or Brianna's portrait filled in. And that page would have a "previous page" arrow on to get back to all the other portraits.

So, in essence, simply add a button over top of the screen that blanks out all portraits and changes Brianna's portrait to that of Mical. Or if that's too complicated, even if there's a way to simply click on something that changes Brianna's portrait to Mical's without removing the others to as to create that "next page" feel.

Is it possible?

EDIT: Or if that, too, is impossible, perhaps solidifying one of the two to appear on the select screen, and then make an armband that lets you remove or replace party members in order to get the other one. Going through the back door.

Edit2: Oh, well then that may be the first step in solving the potential conflict. Now all someone needs to do is create the mod where both characters will join your party and preferably be compatible with TSLRP and K2RP.

I'd personally prefer the "next page" approach that I described above, but if it can't be done then an armband might be the best way around it.

I was thinking more along the lines of creating an entirely new character select screen rather than simply adding an extra slot, as I've heard the latter is impossible. Is the former impossible as well?

As far as I'm aware you can't alter how the user interface works from a mod, that would require game EXE changes. You can re-arrange GUI elements, but not add new ones that has any purpose or functionality.

Hmm, Brianna and Disciple as well as Mira and Hanharr actually use different NPC slots and it may indeed be possible to use an armband to circumvent the character select screen. I've no idea how the game reacts to this though as there would be two partymembers for the same slot in the character select screen. It may or may not crash the game.

I think there is a tutorial about it somewhere, but the most simple was is to have a male character and change the Disciple into G0-T0 and G0-T0 into the Disciple. Change the lines for G0-T0 to Mical's lines. ((for that all you'd have to do is copy and paste Mical's dialogue script thing into G0-T0's))

Archived