Home

Intelligence not required

Totenkopf

All Texans should also know the date 03/06/1836 and what happened on that date in San Antonio.

"Remember the Alamo"

I grew up in San Antonio. It is burned into my brain with such vigor that even a baseball bat couldn't get it out.

Some of the questions I could understand people missing, but not the answers they gave. For instance the "Mona Lisa" question I could see someone missing, but not the answer, "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" I could understand not knowing about the Venice Opera house, but to the best of my knowledge Sydney is not in Europe... well maybe the Guy named Sydney, but not the city hehe...

Here's one for you. Clips from an Australian show interviewing Americans:

http://www.shoutfile.com/v/gSfSsCpR/Why_People_Believe_Americans_Are_Stupid

6:49 "Star Wars is based on a true story, true or false?"

We all know its real history, in the galaxy far far away. That, and GL is an overgrown ewok! :)

I think while some questions may be hard to some people, the answer posted is just idiotic. Sure I may not know about the answer to the opera house question, but at least I know Sydney is not in europe... I would excuse non-americans to miss the JFK one though. Oh, and Roger Rabbit is not a ffamous painting by an ninja turtle last I checked.

Well, then, I suppose you know the intimate details of the Carranza Affair, or the Escobedo Affair, the Investiture Controversy, or the ins-and-outs of the Levée en Masse of August 1793, since all European history and gossip is apparently now basic cultural knowledge. :p
Being a historian, what can I say except: :D :D :D

Archived